Denise Richards’ singing nightmareMay 5th, 2009 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 05 (ANI): After receiving harsh criticism for her performance of baseball anthem Take Me Out To The Ball Game at Chicago, Illinois’ Wrigley Park, former Bond girl Denise Richards has come out to explain her “awful” singing.
Richards performed during the seventh innings on the Chicago Cubs’ home game with the Florida Marlins - but her off-key singing failed to go down well with fans.
“It was awful. We’ve had some bad versions at Wrigley Park - but that was among the worst,” Contactmusic quoted one person at the game.
Now, Richards has confessed that she agreed to sing the song only because Cubs officials asked her to perform in return for letting her set up an information booth for the Kidney Cancer Association during Friday’s game.
“They said, ‘Will you sing?’ So I said, ‘Yes, because it’s for a good cause and we want to raise awareness about kidney cancer,” she told E! Online.com.
“I’m clearly not a singer. I wasn’t doing it to show off my pipes. Thank God I wasn’t singing the national anthem. But I thought it would be fun… I had no idea the backlash I would get.
“It took everything in me to get up there and do that… It’s just unfortunate that doing something good was turned into such a negative,” she added. (ANI)
- Recession-hit Denise Richards cuts mansion price - May 18, 2009
- Meet Denise Richards, the love guru - May 07, 2009
- Christina Aguilera invited to sing do-over of anthem - Feb 09, 2011
- Denise Richards designs shoes for charity - Dec 30, 2011
- "Undercover Boss" Features Chicago Cubs Co-Owner Todd Ricketts - Nov 08, 2010
- Sheen enjoys Thanksgiving with ex-wife and kids - Nov 27, 2010
- Steven Tyler sings the National Anthem at the AFC championship (Video) - Jan 23, 2012
- Zac Efron dating Lily Collins? - Feb 07, 2012
- Ora's parents were unaware of her interests - Aug 13, 2012
- Tigress gives birth to one cub - Nov 21, 2011
- Charlie Sheen is a good person underneath, says ex fiancee Kelly Preston - Mar 11, 2011
- 'I was bullied at school over my funny-looking face,' reveals Mila Kunis - Feb 12, 2011
- Wild behavior is Charlie Sheen's lifestyle, says ex Denise Richards - Feb 18, 2011
- Lauren Alaina flubs the national anthem - Nov 25, 2011
- Christina Aguilera to sing the national anthem at Super Bowl - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: backlash, ball game, baseball, bond girl, chicago cubs, chicago illinois, contactmusic, denise richards, e online, florida marlins, god, harsh criticism, home game, information booth, kidney cancer association, national anthem, nightmare, pipes, wrigley