Demi Lovato opens up about her eating disorderApril 20th, 2011 - 11:12 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, April 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actress Demi Lovato has spoken about her eating disorder and childhood bullying experiences. During an appearance on ABC’s 20/20 show, the 18-year-old said she struggled with bullies when she was a little girl.
She revealed a very horrifying ordeal when she was a child. According to her, at the age of just eight-years-old, she started “compulsively overeating” because of the bullying that she was suffering in school. She started attacking herself when she was 11 years old. She explained that for about ten years now, she has had what she say is an “unhealthy” relationship with food.
At the end of last year Lovato voluntarily entered a rehab center to seek help for her eating disorder. During the interview, Lovato explained that her decision to come out with her story is to make it easier for other young girls suffering the same fate to take a different course from the one that she did.
Lovato has for years spoken about her childhood bullying experiences but this is the first time that she has revealed having an eating disorder. During the interview, she revealed that she has kept the eating disorder part out of the notice of the public because she was not comfortable with talking about it.
- Demi Lovato to be bridesmaid at Tiffany Thornton wedding - Apr 28, 2011
- Demi Lovato says bullying sparked eating disorder - Apr 21, 2011
- Lovato wants to be role model for teenaged girls - Sep 18, 2011
- Demi Lovato seeks treatment for 'emotional and physical issues' - Nov 02, 2010
- Demi Lovato: Whats The Reason Behind Her Rehab Visit? - Nov 04, 2010
- Demi Lovato's Parents Thanks Her Fans, Blames Work Pressure For Her Rehab - Nov 04, 2010
- "Camp Rock" Star Demi Lovato Enters Rehab To Seek Medical Treatment - Nov 03, 2010
- Lovato admits cutting herself - Apr 21, 2011
- Demi Lovato Cancels Tour With Jonas Brothers, Enters Rehab - Nov 02, 2010
- Lovato upset over Disney joke - Dec 26, 2011
- Kim helped me during tough times: Lovato - Oct 02, 2011
- Demi Lovato's new album is therapeutic - Jun 04, 2011
- Demi Lovato gives up cell phone - Jul 18, 2012
- Lovato happy about mistakes - Jun 20, 2012
- Demi Lovato caught kissing Wilmer Valderrama - Nov 04, 2011