Delhi’s Ekta Choudhury is Femina Miss India UniverseApril 6th, 2009 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 5 (IANS) Ekta Choudhury, a 22-year-old from New Delhi, was Sunday night crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India Universe 2009. She will represent the country at the global beauty pageant later this year.
She received the crown at a grand ceremony here. Pooja Chopra was crowned Miss India World and Shriya Kishore is Miss India Earth 2009.
The ceremony also featured performances by Bollywood stars Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and Genelia D’souza, choreographed by Shiamak Davar.
The contestants dazzled the event in beautiful creations by designers Ritu Kumar, Rocky S., Pantaloons (designed by Rajesh and Anirban) and Prasad Bidappa.
The show was choreographed by Marc Robinson and hosted by Bollywood beauty Malaika Arora Khan and star R. Madhavan.
- Kanishtha Dhankhar crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2011 - Apr 15, 2011
- Manasvi Mamgai is Miss India World 2010 - May 01, 2010
- Genelia burning midnight oil to get her act right - Apr 04, 2009
- Models bypass pageants for straight road to Bollywood - Aug 23, 2012
- Jalandhar girl wins Femina Miss India World title - Mar 31, 2012
- Miss India steps into Bollywood - Jan 21, 2010
- I'm focussed on Miss World title: Vanya Mishra - Jun 23, 2012
- (after 1)International titles evade Indian girls -- wonder why? - Sep 14, 2011
- Bollywood grooves to salsa, latino beats - Dec 11, 2010
- Shriya Saran Turns Judge Of Pantaloons Femina Miss India South 2011 - Dec 24, 2010
- 'Umrao Jaan' is Manasvi Mamgai's dream role - Aug 22, 2010
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- Beauty queens come together to celebrate womanhood - May 07, 2012
- Priyanka named India's Glam Diva (With Images) - Mar 21, 2012
- Bangalore Based Model Nicole Faria Crowned Miss Earth 2010 - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: anirban, beautiful creations, beauty pageant, bollywood stars, ekta, femina miss india, genelia, genelia d souza, global beauty, grand ceremony, india world, kangana ranaut, kishore, malaika arora, marc robinson, prasad bidappa, priyanka chopra, r madhavan, shiamak davar, shriya