‘Delhi Belly’ is not a sex comedy: Imran KhanDecember 9th, 2008 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 9 (IANS) Ranbir Kapoor had opted out of “Delhi Belly”, saying he wouldn’t be able to watch the film with his parents. Imran Khan, on the other hand, is cool with the sexual content of his uncle Aamir Khan’s English film, but maintains it is not a sex comedy.”I’d have no problem watching it with my mom or girlfriend. I’ve a cool rapport with my mom,” Imran told IANS.
Imran rejects the notion that “Delhi Belly” is a sex comedy. “It’s a caper comedy. But, yes, the language is on the stronger side,” he said.
Imran has lost weight and is looking gaunt for his role in “Delhi Belly”, which he insists is being made for creative reasons. He admits that since it is in English, it was bound to have a limited appeal.
“This new gaunt look is for ‘Delhi Belly’. I needed to lose that muscular look. So I’ve stopped gyming completely. I’m not exercising at all. No lifting of weights. And I’m eating as much as I want because I’m not prone to fat at all,” said Imran, who won many hearts with his chocolate boy looks in his debut “Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na”.
“For ‘Kidnap’ and ‘Luck’, I needed a bulkier role. I played a daredevil and had to jump off the 20th floor. I insisted on doing it myself although the body-double was present. I got a shouting afterwards from my mom, girlfriend and Sanjay Dutt. In fact, Sanjay Dutt phoned Aamir to complain. After having jumped from that height, I’ve lost the fear of stunts,” he said.
But he did get a dressing down from uncle Aamir.
“It’s true Aamir was unhappy when he heard that I insisted on performing my own stunt. He called me over and said, ‘You’ve to be more responsible towards yourself and your family.’
Imran says the stunts always look more real when an actor performs them himself.
“You can always tell the difference between an actor doing it and a double doing it. So I’ll think about it. But for now I’ve had enough of stunts. I want to take a break and do something lighter. ‘Delhi Belly’ is just the break I needed.”
Two back-to-back action films, and Imran is now saying goodbye to the genre for a while.
“I got no chance to do any stunts in ‘Jaane Tu…’. I made up for that in ‘Kidnap’ and ‘Luck’. Now in ‘Delhi Belly’ I’ve no action scenes.
“My next action film will have to be really big. I grew up being thrilled by Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis. And I had decided if I do those kinds of stunts, I’d do them on my own,” Imran said.
- 'Delhi Belly' was Imran's after four screen tests - Jun 24, 2011
- Perfection runs in the family: Imran Khan - Jul 19, 2009
- Love stories good, but I want to experiment: Imran Khan (Interview) - Dec 06, 2010
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- Not making 'Jaane Tu...' sequel: Abbas Tyrewala - Mar 13, 2012
- Cinema no more wholesome family entertainer: Imran Khan (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- "How can I charge Aamir after all he has done for me?"- Imran Khan - Jul 12, 2009
- Even for biggest of stars, every film counts: Imran Khan (Interview) - Aug 16, 2011
- With stardom, the service at restaurants is great: Imran Khan (Interview) - Jul 13, 2009
- No pre-release jitters for Imran Khan - Feb 06, 2012
- I'm thrilled to be in Aamir maamu's 'Delhi Belly': Imran Khan - Sep 07, 2008
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- Vir Das shoots music video for 'Delhi Belly' - Mar 03, 2011
- Imran Khan wants Katrina for 'Delhi Belly' item number (With images) - May 17, 2011