‘Delhi Belly’ for adults, but there is no skin show: Aamir KhanMay 13th, 2011 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 13 (IANS) Aamir Khan says his next production “Delhi Belly” is a bold film, but it doesn’t have any skin show. The star was keen to do a role in the movie, which he believes will re-define the genre in the Hindi film industry.
“It’s of course for adults, but there is no skin show. Neither have we made girls wear small clothes, nor are there any bold scenes. I think it would change the definition of bold films in Hindi cinema,” Aamir told reporters at the launch of theatrical trailer of the movie releasing July 1.
This is his first production, which is not a family entertainment.
“My films had normally been family films or they had a social message. This is our first film which is certainly not for children because it has obscene language. We applied for adult certification for the film and we have got that.
“It’s not even for those who have reservations about curse words. I myself don’t use such words or language, but it fits the script. It’s a very irreverent film, but it has humour in it,” said Aamir.
“Delhi Belly”, which stars Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor, is directed by well-known ad filmmaker Abhinay Deo and Aamir says: “I had seen Abhinay’s ads. So I was really impressed with his work. Abhinay liked the script and that’s how Abhinay came on board.”
Abhinay has done justice to the script written by Los Angeles-based Akshat Verma, who studied movies at the University of California.
“As a producer I am very happy the way Abhinay has made the film, showed humour and made it more exciting. I think he has fully justified the faith we had in him,” said Aamir who was tempted to play the role that Kunal is doing in the film.
“I was dying to do a role in this film. I regret that I didn’t work as an actor in this film. I wanted to do the role of Kunal Roy Kapoor. But the character is supposed to be fat and sloppy. I just didn’t want to put on weight as I have worked very hard to lose it,” said Aamir.
- 'Delhi Belly' language might offend some: Director - May 16, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- No plans for 'Delhi Belly' sequel: Aamir Khan - Oct 22, 2011
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011
- Imran goes bold with lovemaking scene in 'Delhi Belly' (With Images) - May 03, 2011
- Imran Khan wants Katrina for 'Delhi Belly' item number (With images) - May 17, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' item number situational, not promotional: Aamir (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' was Imran's after four screen tests - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' adult tag Aamir's publicity gimmick: Mahesh Bhatt - Jun 28, 2011
- Kunal Roy Kapur's next will be a directorial venture - Jul 13, 2011
- Aamir Khan goes bold with 'Delhi Belly' (IANS Preview) - Jun 28, 2011
- Potpouri of hits - Top 10 Bollywood movies (2011 in Retrospect) (To go with Bollywood went from gloom to glory) - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' set for Hong Kong release - May 08, 2012
- I wanted to reinvent use of music in films: Ram Sampath - Jun 17, 2011
- Siddharth signs David Dhawan's next (Movie Snippets) - Jul 01, 2011
Tags: aa, aamir khan, ad filmmaker, curse words, delhi belly, deo, family entertainment, family films, hindi film industry, humour, imran khan, july 1, kunal, launch, mumbai, obscene language, skin show, social message, theatrical trailer, vir