‘Delhi Belly’ adult tag Aamir’s publicity gimmick: Mahesh BhattJune 28th, 2011 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 28 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan’s repeated warning that his latest production “Delhi Belly” is not meant for children as it has abusive language is not a social concern but a tried and tested publicity gimmick, ace filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt says.
“I think it’s Aamir’s marketing gimmick. It’s a forbidden fruit syndrome and not social concern that making him saying this,” Bhatt told IANS in an interview.
Directed by Ad-man Abhinay Deo, “Delhi Belly” is a youth-centric bold film, which stars Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor.
Bhatt maintains that it’s an old technique to tempt people for the movie, which he used decades ago while promoting his film “Sadak” in 1991.
“We tried this in ‘Sadak’. I remember I advertised it, as ‘A film that censor did not want to see- ‘Sadak’. You create this forbidden fruit syndrome and you tempt people more,” said the 61-year-old, who worked with Aamir in “Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin” (1991) and “Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke” (1993).
“It’s a very clever ploy and when a person like Aamir uses it, he eats the cake and has it too,” he added.
- No plans for 'Delhi Belly' sequel: Aamir Khan - Oct 22, 2011
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011
- Aamir throws a bash to celebrate 'DK Bose' success - Jun 03, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' set for Hong Kong release - May 08, 2012
- 'Delhi Belly' item number situational, not promotional: Aamir (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' for adults, but there is no skin show: Aamir Khan - May 13, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' language might offend some: Director - May 16, 2011
- 'D.K. Bose' is an anthem now: Kiran Rao - Jun 04, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan Turns Narrator For Aamir Khan’s Delhi Belly - Dec 31, 2010
- Kunal Roy Kapur's next will be a directorial venture - Jul 13, 2011
- 'Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin' remake plans not final yet - Sep 05, 2012
- I wanted to reinvent use of music in films: Ram Sampath - Jun 17, 2011
- Vir Das shoots music video for 'Delhi Belly' - Mar 03, 2011
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, abusive language, ace, adult, bollywood, clever ploy, decades, delhi belly, gimmick, imran khan, ki manta, kunal, marketing, mumbai, publicity, rahi, sadak, social concern, superstar, vir