”Delhi 6” star cast on a promotional spreeFebruary 14th, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 14 (ANI): Star cast of the upcoming movie ”Delhi 6”, that claims to have captured the underbelly life of New Delhi, is on a promotion spree.
The entire star cast landed up at a Mumbai suburban area on February 13 as a part of the promotion campaign, waving flags at the crowd.
Director of the film, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra spoke about the marketing strategy of his film.
“The film is somewhat attached with the ordinary people. So throughout the month, Abhishek (Bachchan) and Sonam (Kapoor) will try to visit every nook and corner of the cities in the country and meet the audience personally rather than appearing on TV. Our idea is to reach the masses,” said Mehra.
Mehra has earlier wooed film buffs around the world with his direction in the movie ”Rang De Basanti”.
Meanwhile, actor Abhishek Bachchan also appeared on an FM radio channel to promote his film.
“When I first read this script, there was an instant connect with the character and I understood ”Roshan Mehra” (name of character),”said Bachchan.
Explaining the similarities between the film character and himself, Bachchan said, “Roshan (the character) spent his entire life abroad; I too spent a majority of my childhood abroad in boarding school. So I kind of understood where he was coming from and the parallels with the character. Only I could do justice to the character.”
Bachchan was all praise for Sonam Kapoor, his co actor in ”Delhi 6” and daughter of the renowned bollywood actor Anil Kapoor.
“She (actor Sonam Kapoor) was the youngest on the set, so she had a tough time. She is wonderful, she is great fun and the best thing about her is that she is always happy, always smiling and it’’s wonderful to work with a co-star who brings that kind of vibes to the set,” he said.
The title of the film Delhi 6 is inspired from the postal code of an area in Delhi where the story is based. This area houses the famous Chandni Chowk and the historical monuments of Jama Masjid and Red Fort.
The story revolves on the hero Roshan who is coming back from the US to India with his ailing grandmother completely unaware that the quick trip might turn into the longest journey of his life.
The film is slated to release on February 20. (ANI)
- Abhishek's survival tips for Sonam - Dec 23, 2011
- Censors out of sync with today's youth: Sonam Kapoor - Dec 22, 2011
- Farhan fights flu with 3G (Movie Snippets) - Nov 22, 2011
- Sonam surprised at being tagged 'sexy' - Dec 20, 2011
- Abhishek proud to have worked with 'Amar, Akbar, Anthony' - Mar 07, 2011
- Mehra to start shooting 'Bhag Milkha Bhag' soon - Jul 17, 2011
- Abhishek goes back to school! (Movie Snippets) - Dec 24, 2011
- Abhishek visits Ajmer Sharif after seven years - Dec 21, 2011
- Dhanush much more than 'Kolaveri' song: Abhishek - Dec 06, 2011
- Abhishek in awe of Michael Caine - Nov 24, 2011
- Will direct again, but not sure when: Gulzar (Film Snippets) - Feb 15, 2011
- Get set for comedy, thrillers in 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Sonam Kapoor turns 26, gets chocolate cake from sister - Jun 09, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor wants to play Anarkali with Abhishek as Salim - Aug 03, 2010
- Abhishek's life-altering horse-riding lessons - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, anil kapoor, boarding school, bollywood actor, chandni chowk, co star, film buffs, film character, fm radio, historical monuments, marketing strategy, masjid, mehra, nook, promotion campaign, radio channel, sonam kapoor, suburban area, underbelly, waving flags