Deepika Padukone teams up with Rishi KapoorMarch 26th, 2008 - 10:26 am ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, March 26 (IANS) It may take yesteryear lover boy Rishi Kapoor and his son Ranbir some time to showcase their talent together. But the young actor’s girlfriend Deepika Padukone already has that privilege. She will be sharing screen space with Rishi in Saif Ali Khan’s first production to be directed by Imtiaz Ali of “Jab We Met” fame.
“I did a reading with Rishi uncle for the film, and I was simply stunned. He’s that good. Imtiaz’s film will be a departure for me,” Deepika told IANS.
“I’m lucky enough to work with both Ranbir and Rishi uncle. Now all I need is a film with Neetu aunty to complete the picture,” she added.
The actress, who debuted with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan in “Om Shanti Om”, will play Saif’s leading lady in the yet untitled film.
“I’m definitely looking forward to working with Saif. He’s one of the best actors we’ve ever had,” she said.
But before that Deepika is currently shooting for Nikhil Advani’s action flick “Chandni Chowk To China” with Akshay Kumar.
“I’ve trained in martial arts for the film and I enjoyed myself thoroughly because I’m athletic. People see me as very ladylike and proper. But there’s another, very tomboyish side of me that you’ll see in ‘Chandni Chowk To China’.”
However, her first post “Om Shanti Om” release would be Yash Raj Films’ “Bachna Ae Haseenon”. In the film, Deepika has to share her boyfriend Ranbir with two other leading ladies.
“Yes, but that’s only for the screen no?” she quipped. “It is Ranbir’s film all the way. In my very first narration I was sure I wanted to do it.
“Siddharth Anand suggested I take some time to decide, but I liked his honesty and I loved my bit in the script. Siddharth was honest enough to tell me there were three other girls with Ranbir in the film - now, of course, there’re only two other girls. As an actor it’s important for me to be part of projects I believe in even if my role is comparatively small.”
- Ranbir supports girl child empowerment - Jan 07, 2012
- 'Love Aaj Kal' as special as 'Om Shanti Om': Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2009
- I Have Been a Huge Fan Of Saif Since i Saw Him in Dil Chahta Hai - Jun 23, 2009
- India is home for me: Brazilian model Moufid - Nov 10, 2011
- It was challenging to shift roles: Deepika Padukone - Oct 19, 2010
- Family, friends pour in at Shammi's residence to pay tribute - Aug 14, 2011
- Deepika says her Veronica different from Meera - May 23, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor finally throws his first party - Jul 07, 2010
- Will never act, write in same movie, again: Kalki - Aug 23, 2012
- Akshay looks after malaria-stricken Deepika in London - Jul 28, 2009
- Rishi Kapoor's First Retrospective (Neetu Can't Come Because Of Ranbir) - Sep 20, 2010
- My dream role is Kajol's part in DDLJ: Deepika Padukone - Dec 05, 2010
- Ranbir Kapoor's Hush-Hush, First Party - Jul 07, 2010
- Chocolate boy to desi Corleone, Kapoor scion grows up - Jun 10, 2010
- Deepika admires Rajinikanth's child-like enthusiasm - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: action flick, akshay kumar, aunty, chowk, deepika padukone, imtiaz, leading lady, lover boy, narration, nikhil advshah rukh khan, om shanti om, rishi kapoor, saif ali khan, screen space, subhash k jha, untitled film, yash raj films, yesteryear, young actor