Deepika Padukone plays double role in ‘Chandni Chowk To China’April 15th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by admin
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, April 15 (IANS) Director Nikhil Advani, who has been shooting with hectic celerity in China for his new action-comedy “Chandni Chowk To China”, confirms that Deepika Padukone is playing double role in the movie. “That’s right,” confirmed Advani. “Deepika is doing a double role in my film.”
This would be Deepika’s second double role after her debut “Om Shanti Om”.
When quizzed him about the music of the film, Advani told IANS: “While the rest of the score by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, with a little help from Kailash Kher, is completely original, we’ve used Bappi Lahiri’s ‘Bombay se aaya mera dost’ from the film ‘Aap Ki Khatir’. Bappi has reworked and re-sung the song.”
Advani’s directorial debut “Kal Ho Naa Ho” was a runaway success at the box office, but his second film “Salaam-e-Ishq” was letdown.
“Chandani Chowk to China” is a mega-budget film and is produced by Warner Brothers and Rohan Sippy.
- 'Chandni Chowk To China' is entertaining (IANS Music Review) - Dec 27, 2008
- Nikhil Advani dedicates 'Delhi Safari' to daughter - Aug 17, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Chandni Chowk...' not based on Akshay's life, but has similarities: Nikhil Advani (Interview) - Jan 10, 2009
- Youthful songs, fresh compositions ruled the charts (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 20, 2011
- Bappi Lahiri to recreate 'Bombay se aaya mera dost' magic - Jul 11, 2008
- Explore nuances of Hindi film music at IIFA Toronto - May 31, 2011
- Husain, you'll live through your creations: Rahman (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2011
- Will 'Patiala House' mark bullish turn for Akshay? (Movie Preview) - Feb 07, 2011
- 'Chandni Chowk...' - comic tale of a cook's ordeals (IANS Preview) - Jan 12, 2009
- Bappi Lahiri to make acting debut on TV - Feb 02, 2011
- Beijing Olympics led Nikhil Advani to shoot in Bangkok - Dec 04, 2008
- Prasoon Joshi turns composer for 'Aarakshan' - Jun 09, 2011
- Live fever grips B-town promotions - Nov 04, 2011
- Deepika, Priyadarshan bury the hatchet - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: aaya, action comedy, bombay, box office, budget film, celerity, china, chowk, deepika padukone, directorial debut, mumbai, naa ho, nikhil advshankar ehsaan loy, om, rohan sippy, runaway success, score, subhash k jha, warner brothers