Deepika is showstopper for two designers at WIFW (With Images)March 22nd, 2009 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 22 (IANS) Actress Deepika Padukone sashayed down the ramp for top designers Rana Gill and Rina Dhaka at the ongoing Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) here.
The theme of the show, sponsored by Fiama Di Wills, was Nature Meets Science. While Rana was inspired by rich colours, Rina’s work symbolised technology and science, bringing together different motifs and textures in her range.
Deepika donned a light pink printed gown with a corset top for Rana’s show late Saturday while for Rana’s collection, the model-turned-actress sported a short cream dress, showing off her long legs.
Elaborating on her collection, Rana told IANS that the real inspiration behind her line were peacock colours.
“This time I have tried to do some experimentation and do some thing different. Even though my signature prints are very prominent here but I have used loads of solids this time,” Rana said.
“I have also used a lot of peacock colours like emerald green, wine berry and medieval blues,” she added.
The fabrics she used were suede, silk and velvet. The line comprised long dresses, draped dresses, overcoats and fluid pants with little embroidery.
Rina’s collection focused mainly on technology to create new textures.
Science, according to her, has changed everything and one can easily forget traditional designs. For Rina, it is time to reinterpret old fashion.
Her collection was a mix of dresses, coats, short dresses and the colour palette ranged from black to brown and from white to cream.
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Model slips at Vineet Bahl's show - Oct 12, 2011
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Deepika Padukone dazzles ramp at India Fashion Week - Mar 22, 2009
- Oscar-nominated 'Nine' inspires show at WIFW - Mar 28, 2010
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- 'Ishkq In Paris' important for Preity and me: Designer (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing borders - Oct 24, 2010
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Satya Paul designer gives audience bow a miss - Nov 19, 2010
- Ravana, puppets, dance in Nida Mahmood show - Oct 10, 2011
Tags: colour palette, corset top, cream dress, deepika padukone, dhaka, embroidery, fiama, green wine, india fashion week, long legs, medieval blues, motifs, New Delhi, old fashion, overcoats, peacock, rich colours, short dresses, solids, wills lifestyle india fashion week