Deepika gets a call and praise from Zeenat (Movie Snippets)April 14th, 2011 - 12:20 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 13 (IANS) Veteran actress Zeenat Aman, who has been rumoured to be upset about the lyrics of the new version of her song “Dum maaro dum”, picturised on Deepika Padukone, has reached out to the young actress and congratulated her for looking “ravishing”, says a source.
“Zeenat Aman reached out to Deepika and cleared the miscommunication. She didn’t want Deepika to misunderstand,” said the source.
Zeenat, who featured in the original song from the movie “Hare Rama Hare Krishna” in 1971, was disturbed with reports that she didn’t like Deepika in the new version. So, she found out Deepika’s number.
“Since Deepika is in London shooting for ‘Desi Boyz’, she is using a local London number. So Zeenat Aman spoke to Deepika. She communicated that Deepika looks ravishing and she finds her the best in this generation of heroines,” said the source.
The song has faced the ire of many critics for its vulgar lyrics, but it is quite popular with the youth.
Salman promotes ‘Teen Thay Bhai’
Bollywood star Salman Khan went out of his way to help the cast of “Teen Thay Bhai” in promoting the film and reached out to his friends and fans on Twitter to watch the film, releasing Friday.
Producer Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, along with the cast - Om Puri, Shreyas Talpade and Deepak Dobriyal and Ragini Khanna and director Mrighdeep Singh Lamba, were promoting the film and while moving from one floor to another in Mumbai’s Filmistan Studio, when they bumped into Salman.
The actor was also shooting there.
“Salman asked them what they were promoting and when he heard the name of the film, found it very interesting as he has always been referred to as Salman bhai and the film is called ‘Teen Thay Bhai’. Then he very graciously wanted to take a picture with the entire cast and immediately put it up on Twitter.
“He posted the picture, which also included Rakeysh, and put up a note, which read - ‘Teen thay bhai aur ek mein’. He also mentioned the release date. It is really nice of him to do this,” said the publicist of the film.
The movie is a comedy about three brothers who cannot stand each other and are forced to come together as a result of their grandfather’s will.
Pooja Bhatt thanks dad for ‘Zakhm’
When actress-turned-filmmaker Pooja Bhatt recently watched her performance in critically-acclaimed film “Zakhm”, she immediately thanked her father Mahesh Bhatt for giving her such a special project.
“Just caught a glimpse of ‘Zakhm’ on TV. Thank you @MaheshNBhatt for giving me a film that will be highlighted in my obituary… And thank you Kunal Khemu… All of us actors, without exception,shone as brightly, on account of your dazzling performance!” Pooja posted on her Twitter page.
In “Zakhm”, which was released in 1998, Pooja essayed the role of a Muslim mother caught in the tension between different religions in Indian society.
- Not trying to upset Dev sahab, Zeenat aunty: Abhishek - Apr 14, 2011
- I hope 'Dum maro...' is biggest song after 'Darling': Bosco (With Images) - Mar 03, 2011
- Dum Maro Dum: Dev Anand’s Blessings To Abhishek Bachchan! - Dec 01, 2010
- Return of the retro: Bollywood beats to remixed classics - Apr 14, 2011
- Dev Anand gives Rohan Sippy remake rights of 'Dum maro dum' - Dec 01, 2010
- Nathalia is Pooja Bhatt's discovery, says RGV - Apr 27, 2012
- Zeenat Aman supports the new 'Laila O laila' - Apr 10, 2011
- Sunny's persona matches her 'Jism 2' role: Pooja Bhatt - Jan 23, 2012
- Pooja Bhatt declines 'Bigg Boss 5' offer - May 06, 2011
- When SRK sang for Kunal Ganjawalla (Movie Snippets) - Apr 21, 2011
- Dev Anand gets nostalgic at Taj (Movie Snippets) - May 24, 2011
- I've always been a spontaneous person: Preity Zinta (Film Snippets) - Apr 05, 2011
- 'Bhindi Bazaar.Inc' release postponed to May 20 - Mar 30, 2011
- Dev Anand hunts for new face for new 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna' - May 19, 2011
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' music offers variety (IANS Music Review) - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: bollywood star, deepak dobriyal, deepika padukone, hare rama hare krishna, lamba, london number, mehra, miscommunication, om puri, original song, ragini, salman khan, Shreyas Talpade, snippets, star salman khan, thay, twitter, veteran actress, young actress, zeenat aman