Deepak Tijori wants new heroine for next directorialJune 27th, 2012 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) Actor-turned-filmmaker Deepak Tijori is on a lookout for a new face for his next untitled directorial venture, which has a women-centric plot.
To be produced under Denis Selarka and Mehul Simaria’s new banner Blue Berry Films Pvt Ltd., the movie is set to be a suspense thriller.
According to a new source, they are keen to launch a new face in Bollywood.
Deepak’s last directorial venture was “Fox”. He turned director with 2003 film “Oops!”, following which he helmed movies like “Khamoshh… Khauff Ki Raat”, “Fareb” and “Tom, Dick, and Harry”.
‘Maximum’ director ‘honoured’ to work with Naseer
Director Kabir Kaushik, whose movie “Maximum” is set to hit screens Friday, loved working with Naseeruddin Shah, and hopes the audience will love the movie.
“I am extremely honoured to have Naseer sir in the film. The film is based on crime and police. It’s a complete package and I am sure the audience will appreciate the hard work we’ve put in,” said Kaushik.
“Maximum” also features Sonu Sood, Vinay Pathak and Neha Dhupia.
Vivek’s ‘Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story’ to release in October
Kumar Taurani is excited that his next comedy offering “Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story”, which stars Vivek Oberoi, is coming out in October.
“We are happy to announce our next venture ‘Jayanta Bhai Ki Luv Story’ will release in October. The shoots have been on schedule and we are very excited with the way things are shaping up. We can’t wait for the film to hit theatres,” Taurani of Tips Industries, said in a statement.
Also starring Neha Sharma, the light-hearted comedy follows a gangster’s love story. It marks the directorial debut of Vinnil Markan.
About the film, Markan said: “It is about how we fall in love unknowingly with people we least expect to. It is not a westernised clone, but a true Indian rom-com that’s light hearted, sensitive and entertaining.”
The movie went on floors in March, and the crew expects to complete the filming by July end.
“We finished our first location. Khotachiwadi (in Mumbai) was a beautiful setting and lent itself so perfectly to the scenes. Both Vivek and Neha were extremely supportive of the gruelling schedule,” added Markan.
- Aamir praises 'Malegaon Ka Superman' (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- Recreating 26/11 massacre felt terrifying: RGV (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- No regrets, says Vivek Oberoi about his career - Jul 14, 2012
- Oberoi, Neha in gangster love story - Mar 24, 2012
- Taurani to launch son opposite Shruti Haasan - Jul 29, 2012
- Small films make it to big screen this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Hate Story' was written with A-certificate in mind: Agnihotri - Mar 09, 2012
- Length of a role doesn't matter to Naseer - Jun 19, 2012
- Actress for Punit Malhotra's next not finalised yet - Jul 08, 2012
- 'Maximum' a minimum-fuss crime drama (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Jun 29, 2012
- Don't want to associate with every film: Akshaye Khanna - Feb 02, 2012
- I hate producing films: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Apr 05, 2012
- Shabana Azmi's brother to direct Farhan Akhtar - Jan 18, 2011
- Satish Kaushik's 'Mayanagri' to roll in September - May 19, 2012
- Deepak Tijori to direct two films this year - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: banner blue, bhai, deepak tijori, directorial debut, directorial venture, fareb, gangster, heroine, kaushik, khauff, mehul, naseeruddin shah, neha dhupia, new face, pathak, pvt ltd, sonu sood, suspense thriller, tom dick and harry, vivek oberoi