Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets)July 16th, 2012 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Television actor Gurmeet Chowdhary has been earning rave reviews for his stint in dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa” and credits actress-wife Debina Bannerjee for inspiring him to give his best.
“Debina is my lady luck and my inspiration,” said Gurmeet and clarified that she attends his rehearsal sessions at his behest.
“She is definitely there (at rehearsals and performances) with me, but at my insistence. How she manages with her shoot and my erratic timing only I know. Her suggestions and mere presence make a lot of difference in my life,” said the actor who is currently seen in “Punar Vivah”.
For “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”, Gurmeet has teamed up wtih choreographer Shampa and they are working hard and with two back-to-back ‘perfect 30′ from the judges - Madhuri Dixit, Karan Johar and Remo (D’Souza) - his efforts seem to be paying off.
Gurmeet who rose to fame with his roles as Ram in “Ramayana” and Maan Singh Khurana in “Geet…Hui Sabse Parayi”, says he is more confident now.
“Initially, I was not able to deliver in ‘Jhalak…’. Everybody including Madhuri Dixit, Karan Johar and Remo sir said that I could do much better, but I was not able to showcase my talent. So I started getting creatively involved and thereafter my marks, my performance are talking for themselves,” he said.
“I am more confident now. So are my fans and my well wishers,” he said and added that when he got less marks, “my fans made sure that I stayed there. I will not let them down. I am enjoying the experience and will continue doing that.”
Prateik possessive about Amy!
Prateik, who is in relationship with British actress Amy Jackson, admits he is very possessive and protective about his girlfriend.
The actor got candid about his love life on UTV Stars’ “The Chosen One” and said that he and Amy are very serious about each other and very much in love.
He also said that he’s very possessive and protective about her.
The two met while shooting for “Ekk Deewana Tha” and have been together ever since.
The episode will be aired Saturday.
Ali Asgar, a dedicated dad
It’s been over a decade since Ali Asgar has been juggling with TV and film work. Gratified with his career, his only aim now is to fulfil his children’s wishes.
Ali, popularly known as Kamal of “Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki”, is married to Siddika and they have two children — eight-year-old son and six-year-old daughter.
“I want to spend maximum time with my kids. Now I have no wish in life, I only want to fulfil my children’s wishes,” said Ali, who will now be seen hosting a musical show “Funtakshari”.
- Dance about energy, passion: Karan Johar - Jun 08, 2012
- Forced weight loss for Ravi Kishan - Jun 29, 2012
- Mona Singh loves rain! (TV Snippets) - Jul 12, 2012
- I pray, I don't get offers like 'Jhalak...': Sushil Kumar (With Images) - Jun 19, 2012
- Talat Aziz out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaaa' - Jun 30, 2012
- After 'Jhalak...', Sushil Kumar says no to dance - Aug 05, 2012
- Nobody can replace Salman in my heart: choreographer Salman - Jul 15, 2012
- Remo D' Souza scares young Salman Khan - Jul 19, 2012
- Tough to promote Indian dance: Remo D'Souza - Jun 24, 2012
- Madhuri wants Gene Kelly's tap dancing shoes (Movie Snippets) - Jun 25, 2012
- Darsheel out of 'Jhalak Dikkhla Jaa 5' - Sep 01, 2012
- Remo D'Souza wants Madhuri for next! - Apr 05, 2012
- Ravi Kishan in 'Jhalak...' because of daughter (Movie Snippets) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sanath Jayasuriya grooves to 'Tama tama loge' - Jun 08, 2012
- Wanted to inspire housewives: Jayati Bhatia - Jul 29, 2012
Tags: amy jackson, behest, british actress, choreographer, chosen one, geet, jhalak dikhhla jaa, karan johar, khurana, lady luck, love life, madhuri dixit, ramayana, rehearsal sessions, rehearsals, remo, shampa, television actor, vivah, well wishers