Debarun Mukherjee’s love for saris continues at LFWMarch 4th, 2012 - 6:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 4 (IANS) The third day of Lakme Fashion Week 2012 celebrated Indian weaves and crafts and designer Debarun Mukherjee paid tribute to old Bollywood charm with his ethnic sari collection.
“Whatever I make, the sari will always be there. Even if I do international designs, saris will be part of it. I think it’s an outfit which we should be part of my collection. Just a fabric being draped can look so nice,” Mukherjee told IANS.
Talking about his choice of colours, he added: “I have used white because of the summer. and I have used mostly Indian textile because it’s an Indian textile day at the fashion event.”
Actress Shahana Goswami was his showstopper - she dazzled on the ramp in a white sari with graphic designs on it.
“I have used cut work with graphic design, but kept the Indian element in it. That’s my forte. I like geometry but I again like to put it in an ethnic manner,” said Mukherjee.
Sahana, usually seen in casual outfits, claims sari has been always her favourite attire.
“I have always said that sari is my favourite outfit because I grew up dancing. I did Odissi for 10 years and we used to wear saris from a very young age.”
“For me, it’s like wearing a nighty, it’s so comfortable. Strangely off late I have not worn saris, but like I said it’s summer and sari is the outfit as more air can come in. It’s perfect for summer.”
She feels that Mukherjee keeps his saris “simple and classy”. “Simplicity can never go out of fashion,” she added.
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- The drape is reborn - sari gets sexy avatar (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Krishna displays handcrafted embroidery, French knots at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- Crossover: Fashion feeds abstract art (With Image) - Mar 19, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Oprah to don green Sabyasachi sari in Jaipur - Jan 20, 2012
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- For creativity, say no to commerce: Sabyasachi Mukherjee (Interview) - Apr 09, 2011
Tags: 10 years, actress, casual outfits, choice of colours, fabric, fashion event, fashion week, geometry, graphic design, graphic designs, indian textile, mumbai, nighty, ramp, sari, saris, showstopper, simplicity, third day, weaves