Deathly Hallows Or Beaking Dawn: Which Film Will Set A Box Office Record?November 23rd, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Since 2008, when the first ‘Twilight’ movie hit the big screen, it has been giving a tough competition to the ‘Harry Potter’ films. It can be termed as a war of vampire versus wizard at the Box Office!
The recently released ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ secured a place and made a Box office record by becoming the sixth best opening film in the weekend in history earning $125.1 million in North America. The Part 1 of the last Harry Potter movie made a worldwide record sale of tickets worth over the weekend. With this, the rivalry is expected to grow more as the ‘Breaking Dawn’ is set to release on November 18, 2011.
‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows’ also had the fifth best opening with an estimated $61.2 million. It will be really tough for Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart to beat this record made by Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson starrer movie. However, they have enough time to get themselves prepared for this face off and by this time, we can also expect the second part of the last Harry Potter movie hitting the screens.
Over these years, it has been an overdose of Pattinson and Stewart so if the stories don’t offer something really exciting apart from the honeymoon of Robert and Kristen then they may end up losing the battle at the Box Office!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Box Office: Crown was its destiny - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Breaking Dawn...' sets new record - Nov 22, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- Preview trailer of 'Breaking Dawn' released - Sep 12, 2011
- Is Daniel Radcliffe Worried About Robert Pattinson's Increasing Popularity? - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter Vs Twilight - Who Will Be The Winner? - Nov 26, 2010
- "Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows" Part 1 Hits The Bulls Eye At Box Office - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows spreads its charm on the box office - Nov 22, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows' Set To Smash Competition At Box Office - Nov 19, 2010
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- Miley Cyrus tops the list of the 'Richest Teens' - Nov 24, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe says that he is done with the Harry Potter franchise - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: 1 million, beaking, box office, breaking dawn, daniel radcliffe, daniel radcliffe and emma watson, face off, first twilight, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, honeymoon, kristen stewart, losing the battle, north america, rivalry, robert pattinson, screens, vampire, wizard, worldwide record