Death of ‘Dolla dreams’- Rapper shot dead in mallMay 19th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by GD
Upcoming rapper rapidly climbing the popularity charts, Roderick Anthony Burton II, popularly known as “Dolla“, succumbed to bullet injury from being shot at, at a Westside mall.
This instance of seemingly unprovoked violence, brings to focus once again, the sinister inextricably of show-business from violence.The Hip-Hop community in particular, has been no stranger to violence and crimes of passion, in recent times.
Remembered primarily for his association with the boy band “Da Rascals” in the 90’s, “Dolla” had just begun to work his way up the big time league. Starting with his rather impressive achievement of signing to Akon’s Konvict records in 2007, his career had been going great guns. The crowning glory of his rise, was his debut album “Feelin’ Myself”, that had raised promising hopes for this fledgling star’s future.
The incident has been reported by sources, to have taken place at the Beverly Center Mall, in the valet parking facility area, when Dolla was reportedly waiting there with fellow rapper D.J Shabazz. The ringing out of gunshots was heard inside the mall, where it caused a wave of hysteria in mall restaurant Chipotle’s patrons who, being unsure as to the cause of the violence, insisted on the restaurant being closed down for their safety. One eye witness said he saw a female suspect at the sight of the shooting. While the police are still investigating all possible leads, there aren’t any major suspects apart from a man who was detained while trying to board a plane out. He reportedly drove a silver Merc SUV to the airport. The search continues, while the Hip-Hop community seems to have grown poorer by a ‘Dolla”.
- Konvict rapper Dolla shot dead - May 19, 2009
- LAX police arrest killer of rap artist Dolla - May 20, 2009
- Suspect detained in Dolla shooting death - May 19, 2009
- Beverly Center shooting claims one victim - May 19, 2009
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Jay Z invests in fast food joint in his native NY - Jan 12, 2011
- Jay Z to open restaurant for charity - Jul 06, 2011
- Lil Wayne to launch skate shoe - Apr 27, 2012
- Hip-hop artist Nate Dogg dies at 41 - Mar 17, 2011
- Eminem slammed by anti-violence campaigners - Jun 30, 2011
- 50 Cent Targets WorldStarHipHop Web site Via Twitter - Jan 25, 2011
- Eminem's memory loss woes - Oct 19, 2011
- Kanye West's Chicago restaurant shuts down - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Diddy' Combs wealthiest hip-hop artist - Mar 11, 2011
- MJ 'sacked longtime friend and collaborator Quincy Jones' - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: akon, anthony burton, beverly center mall, big time, crimes of passion, crowning glory, da rascals, debut album, eye witness, fledgling, great guns, hysteria, impressive achievement, konvict records, merc, patrons, roderick anthony, show business, time league, valet parking