‘Death of Autotune’ and birth of original musicJune 6th, 2009 - 5:12 pm ICT by GD
With the advent of new technologies like ‘autotune‘, singing has become a piece of cake. Nowadays, one does not require to be born with special or gifted vocal chords to be a singer - grab an ‘autotune’ for yourself and you have got yourself the voice of an angel.
For all those who are still in the dark about the function of an autotune, well, it is a software plug-in. It is one of the latest technological offering in the field of sound that corrects the pitch of those singers who lack the vocal strength and are hence unable to raise their voices to the required pitch.
The autotune phenomenon has been hailed as the “harbinger of the impending apocalypse” by some of the critics; however in the hip-hop circles, the phenomenon has given birth to a whole new trend.
But this does not imply that all of the hip-hop artistes advocate the use of autotune. The popular hip-hop artist, Jay-Z is one such person who staunchly disapproves of the use of autotune and his upcoming album just advocates that.
The first single of Jay-z’s ‘to be’ released album entitled, “The Blueprint 3″ is called “Death to Autotune”. It has been produced by No I.D. and Kanye West.
This forthcoming album from Jay-Z earlier had some amount of autotune usage, but later all of it was scrapped off and then “Death to Autotune” was recorded. Kayne West, one of the producers of the album, “The Blueprint 3″ recently told MTV, “We actually removed all the songs with auto-tune off of his album to make the point that this is an anti-auto-Tune album, even though I released an album that has all Auto-Tune.”
- Justin Bieber's voice gets software adjustment - Jul 05, 2012
- Jay –Z Taps UK Rap Market With K.Koke For Roc Nation - Jan 18, 2011
- Obama 'listens to hip hop while in the gym', reveals Jay-Z - Feb 19, 2010
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Kelly Clarkson is not a fan of auto-tune - Oct 18, 2011
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Jay-Z Has Kids? Popular Question On The Internet After Grammy Awards - Feb 01, 2010
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Lil Wayne Deems That Shooting Of The Video For ‘Welcome To My Hood’ Was Scary - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Diddy' Combs wealthiest hip-hop artist - Mar 11, 2011
- Beatboxing to make professional musical debut in India - Jan 05, 2012
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2010 Premieres - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: advent, auto tune, autotune, blueprint, circles, forthcoming album, harbinger, hip hop artist, impending apocalypse, jay z, kanye west, mtv, new trend, original music, phenomenon, piece of cake, singers, vocal chords, vocal strength, voice of an angel