Deadliest Catch: Emotional Hell of Discovery Channel Lawsuit RevealedOctober 15th, 2010 - 1:30 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A dispute on the most popular show of the Discovery Channel has led to a lawsuit by the network which led to events which were described by Deadliest Catch star Johnathan Hillstrand as an “emotional hell”.
The Discovery Channel sued two of the stars for three million dollars for alleged breach of contract. The network said that the two brothers who were crab fishermen, Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand had not finished the required work for a spin off of the show called ‘Hillstranded’, and would not give the follow up interviews which they were supposed to sit for.
The two men quit due to the suit, but have since returned. In a ‘CNN’ report, Johnathan admits that the time he was away from the show was horrible, and called it “an emotional hell” that was “more stressful than crabfishing.” They have signed on for two more years with the show.
- Three Captains Quit Discovery Channel Reality Series "Deadliest Catch" - Sep 30, 2010
- Return of the 'Deadliest Catch' trio is still uncertain - Oct 07, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" Reveals The Mystery Of Jake Anderson's Father - Jun 23, 2010
- "Deadliest Catch" All Set To Pay Tribute To Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
- Deadliest Catch To Pay Tribute to 'Captain Phil Harris' on TDC - Jun 17, 2010
- Deadliest Catch To Pay A Heartfelt Tribute To The Departed Captain Phil Harris - Jun 19, 2010
- Osbourne sued over jewellery designs - Feb 05, 2012
- Crab Nebula shoots off surprising flares - Jan 07, 2011
- Sacked Andy Gray is planning to sue Sky Sports for £3m - Jan 27, 2011
- Larry King ends 25-year stint as CNN interviewer (Lead) - Dec 17, 2010
- Unknown species unravelled in Antarctica's hot springs - Jan 04, 2012
- 'Jon & Kate's' Jon Gosselin Sued By TLC network - Oct 20, 2009
- Fans wait for Deadliest Catch episode 5 - Nov 29, 2008
- 'Emotional Atyachar' Wins Case Against UTV Bindass - Sep 02, 2010
- Lil Wayne facing lawsuit - Aug 22, 2011