De Niro’s apartment catches fireJune 9th, 2012 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 9 (IANS) Actor Robert De Niro’s apartment here caught fire after lint in a clothes dryer sparked flames.
Some residents of the building said the fire started in the fourth-floor laundry room of De Niro’s three-level apartment Friday afternoon, reports eonline.com.
A neighbour, who resides on the floor above De Niro’s home, said: “I had a real hard time getting out of the building. The smoke was so dark and heavy, it was hard to breathe.”
The film star is married to actress Grace Hightower, with whom he has two children — Elliot and Helen. It is not known whether the 68-year-old actor or his family were at home when the fire broke out.
- At 68, De Niro a dad again - Dec 24, 2011
- Michigan Woman Recreates 'Lord's Supper' With Dryer Lint - Jan 15, 2011
- 'Voodoo sex ceremony' sparked deadly Brooklyn blaze - Feb 27, 2011
- Robert De Niro, Grace Hightower to settle nanny lawsuit with $30K - Jan 21, 2011
- Lohan in health scare - Jun 16, 2012
- Robert De Niro ordered to pay $30,000 to nanny - Jan 22, 2011
- Chinese woman suffocates to death after TV blast - Apr 26, 2011
- Mcconaughey to wed this weekend? - Jun 10, 2012
- Allahabad High Court ex-judge commits suicide (Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Payne's engagement rumours not true - Jul 12, 2012
- De Niro's former nanny sues over back pay - Apr 05, 2009
- Pitt, Fassbender team up again - Oct 27, 2011
- Perry not dating Garth - Aug 30, 2012
- Owen Wilson 'froze' during first shoot with De Niro - Dec 17, 2010
- Garfield designed '...Spider-Man' skateboard - Jun 30, 2012