David Tennant, Katie Leung are Scotlands Most EligibleNovember 19th, 2007 - 3:47 pm ICT by admin
London, November 19 (ANI): Doctor Who star David Tennant has emerged as Scotlands most eligible man in the Scotland on Sunday newspaper’s list of the country’s hottest 100.
On the other hand, actress Katie Leung who plays Harry Potter’s love interest in The Goblet of Fire topped the newspapers list of most eligible women.
Tennant, who previously appeared in the television drama Casanova, is due to play the challenging role of Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company next year.
“The 6ft 1in star is gorgeous, yet modest - describing himself as ‘the least sexy man on the planet’ - and refreshingly down to earth for one so famous,” the Daily Snack quoted the newspaper as saying of the star.
Jamie Murray, the 21-year-old Wimbledon mixed doubles champion, was named second on the mens list.
Actor John Smeaton made an unexpected entry at number three on the mens list.
Snow Patrol frontman Gary Lightbody and Scotland rugby player Rory Lamont also made it to the top 10.
So far as womens list is concerned, Racing driver Sarah Playfair came in second.
Violinist Nicola Benedetti, who scooped the 2004 BBC Young Musician of the Year award, got a mention on the third place in the womens list.
Six-time Brit Award winner Annie Lennox came in 24th. (ANI)
- Annie Lennox honoured for charity work in Africa - Dec 31, 2010
- Annie Lennox, eldest daughter to go on Malawi mission - Feb 12, 2011
- Annie Lennox to join Scottish delegation in Malawi Aids crusade - Jan 18, 2011
- David Tennant And Catherine Tate: To Be Together In West End’s ‘Much Ado About Nothing’ - Jan 10, 2011
- DWTS: Vote For Your Favorite Contestant On Abc.com - Nov 17, 2010
- Annie Lennox wears 'HIV Positive' T-shirt to raise awareness - Nov 30, 2009
- An affair can be good for a marriage, says book - Aug 17, 2012
- Annie Lennox's New Album 'Christmas Cornucopia' Releases - Nov 17, 2010
- Royal Shakespeare Company to sell thousands of costumes - Jan 16, 2011
- Married doc from Cape Town leaves wife for Annie Lenox - Feb 12, 2011
- Women are treated badly in developing countries, says Annie Lennox - Mar 08, 2011
- Patrick Stewart bags Laurence Olivier award for Hamlet role - Mar 09, 2009
- Annie Lennox Named As UN AIDS Spokesperson - Jun 03, 2010
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Annie Lennox becomes U.N AIDS ambassador - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: annie lennox, bbc, brit award, david tennant, eligible women, gary lightbody, hottest 100, jamie murray, katie leung, nicola benedetti, playfair, royal shakespeare company, rugby player, scotland rugby, sexy man, star david, wimbledon mixed doubles