David Mamet to pen film about Holocaust victim Anne FrankAugust 14th, 2009 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 14 (ANI): Playwright David Mamet plans to write a script for a film on Holocaust victim Anne Frank, it has emerged.
Walt Disney announced that his screenplay would pick up information from Frank’s diary and a Pulitzer-winning 1950s play by husband and wife team Albert Hackett and Frances Goodrich.
The diary of the Jew woman reports the horrors of belonging to her religion in Nazi-occupied Holland.
The current year marks the 65th anniversary of the death of the 15-year-old girl at a labour camp, after she was pulled out of her hiding place in Amsterdam, the BBC News reports.
Mamet landed with the Pulitzer Prize in 1984 for his play Glengarry Glen Ross, which was later adapted into a film starring Alec Baldwin and Al Pacino.
He is also the scriptwriter of hit films like The Untouchables, Hannibal and Wag The Dog. (ANI)
- The Diary Of Anne Frank, A Jewish Victim Of The Holocaust, Converted Into A Graphic Novel - Jul 11, 2010
- Israeli pageant crowns Miss Holocaust Survivor - Jun 29, 2012
- Rare Anne Frank video surfaces - Oct 10, 2009
- Brand shares kiss with Baldwin in 'Rock of Ages' - Jun 02, 2012
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Miep Gies, Anne Frank's Savior Passes Away - Jan 12, 2010
- Alec Baldwin to marry fiancee in Europe? - May 25, 2012
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Holocaust victim Anne Frank Museum to move away from Ground Zero mosque site - Mar 28, 2011
- ‘Candy Missiles’ Aimed At Baldwin - Oct 14, 2010
- Holocaust survivor - Berthe Meijer stands by the memory of Anne Frank - Mar 19, 2010
- Germany to pay over 50 million pounds to preserve World War II death camp - Dec 18, 2010
- '30 Rock' will end in 2012, says Alec Baldwin - Apr 07, 2011
- Document provides proof of French Nazi leader's anti-Semitism: Expert - Oct 04, 2010
- Alec Baldwin quits twitter again - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: 65th anniversary, al pacino, albert hackett, alec baldwin, anne frank, bbc news, david mamet, frances goodrich, frank london, glengarry glen ross, hiding place, holocaust victim, jew woman, labour camp, playwright david mamet, pulitzer prize, scriptwriter, untouchables, wag the dog, wife team