David Lynch to shoot film about TM guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in IndiaNovember 18th, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by ANI
Nevada (US), Nov 18 (ANI): Oscar nominated David Lynch will make a film about Transcendental Meditation (TM) guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, according to reports.
He will reportedly visit India next month in this connection.
This documentary film about the life and teachings and knowledge of Maharishi will involve interviews with people, including a 97-year man associated with Maharishi, reports suggest.
David Keith Lynch, 63, has been attempting to introduce TM in schools globally. The Guardian, British daily newspaper from London, described Lynch as “the most important director of this era.”
Welcoming Lynch to India for this new venture, acclaimed Indo-American statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, urged world filmmakers to explore many finer and deeper things India offered, instead of just focusing on poverty and crime.
Zed, who is chairperson of Indo-American Leadership Confederation, pointed out that planet’s most multidimensional country India had snowcapped mountains, palm-fringed and sun-washed beaches, glorious temples, colourful festivals, rich philosophy and spirituality, abundant historical sites, wildlife safaris, recharging treks, historic trade routes, cultural wealth, etc.
Maharishi, who died last year at an age of about 91, introduced TM technique worldwide, and wished to change the world with it.
He initiated ‘The Beatles’ and was associated with various celebrities like American rockers ‘The Beach Boys’, musician Mick Jagger, hairdresser Vidal Sassoon, Golden Globe winner Mia Farrow (Rosemary’s Baby), etc.
He reportedly established about one thousand TM centres worldwide and had about four million followers. (ANI)
- Indo-Americans urge Ang Lee to handle 'Life of Pi' with cultural sensitivity - Oct 31, 2010
- Hindi film nominated for Oscar - Feb 04, 2010
- Baz Luhrmann, A.R. Rahman thinking of working together - Feb 01, 2010
- Flood of India-centered Hollywood films - Sep 10, 2009
- Hollywood bigwigs descending on India - May 27, 2009
- John Travolta feels Hollywood needs Bollywood - Oct 14, 2010
- Indo-Americans urge US President & Congress to declare August as "Indo-American Heritage Month" - Sep 13, 2010
- Rajan Zed urges Indo-Americans to be counted in upcoming census - Jan 18, 2010
- Only one 'Asia-focused' entry won at Oscars - Mar 08, 2010
- Washington's Kennedy Center showcasing India's top talent for 3-weeks - Mar 02, 2011
- Rajan Zed presented with "Global Civil Rights Award" in USA - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Mango Hometown Tour' in 6 cities of US - May 03, 2011
- Indian restaurants-on-wheels becoming hip in USA - Dec 26, 2010
- Seoul to host Bollywood awards show - Jan 26, 2010
- American university holds unique one-of-a-kind-in-the-world Hindu Baccalaureate Service - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,