David Letterman apologizes to Sarah Palin over ‘the’ jokeJune 16th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by GD
The David Letterman- Sarah Palin public spat has been going on for well over a week now. The verbal ‘give and take’ has generated and evoked a lot of public sentiments, for or against. Some people finding Letterman’s crude sexual joke about a teenage girl quite loathsome have demanded that CBS fire the late night talk show host.
David Letterman, under a huge amount of pressure from all quarters, has publicly apologized to the Governor of Alaska. The apology came on the eve of Letterman making an irresponsible joke about Palin’s 14 year old daughter getting ‘knocked out’ during the 7th inning of the LA Lakers match by New York Yankee player Alex Rodriguez. Which, Letterman said had given rise an uncomfortable situation for Sarah Palin during her visit to the capital city.
David Letterman had later tried to turn the tide by saying that he had implied Palin’s elder daughter, 18 year old Bristol, when he had made the joke. People haven’t bought his lame excuse thought. For it was the teenage Willow and not the unwed mother Bristol, who was present at the Laker’s baseball match.
Governor Sarah Palin’s supporters are crying themselves hoarse over the whole issue and demanding CBS sack the 62 year old Letterman. At the afternoon recording, Letterman told his fans, “I told a bad joke. I told a joke that was beyond flawed , and my intent is completely meaningless compared to the perception. And since it was a joke I told, I feel that I need to do the right thing here and apologize for having told that joke. It’s not your fault that it was misunderstood, it’s my fault.” In his conclusion he said, “I’m sorry about it and I’ll try to do better in the future.”
- Letterman apologizes for 'bad' joke about Palin's daughter - Jun 16, 2009
- Kathy Griffin slammed for planning to target 16-yr-old Willow Palin - Jan 05, 2011
- Top Celebrity Apologies Before Tiger Woods - Feb 23, 2010
- Watch Out For Willow Palin In ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’! - Nov 16, 2010
- Sarah Palin and David Letterman: Verbal spat - Jun 11, 2009
- Willow Palin Defends Sarah Palin's Show With Homophobic Slurs On Facebook - Nov 18, 2010
- Sarah Palin gets restraining order against her stalker - Apr 15, 2011
- Bristol Palin Offered Job as Phoenix Radio Personality - Jan 08, 2011
- Willow Palin's Facebook rant is full of slurs - Nov 18, 2010
- Levi Johnston apologizes to the Palins - Jul 07, 2010
- Track Palin & wife expecting their first child - Jul 21, 2011
- Alaska Governor Palin accepts comedian Letterman's apology - Jun 17, 2009
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck confronts Bill Maher - Nov 16, 2011
- Bristol Palin says she would 'probably' run for office one day - Feb 09, 2011
- 'Bristol Palin memoir to hit the shelves June 21' - Feb 08, 2011
Tags: alex rodriguez, bad joke, david letterman, do the right thing, elder daughter, governor of alaska, governor sarah palin, la lakers, laker, lame excuse, late night talk show, new york yankee, public sentiments, sarah palin, sexual joke, talk show host, talk show host david, teenage girl, uncomfortable situation, unwed mother