David Hasselhoff’s ex-wife asking for spousal support after deathMay 12th, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 12 (ANI): David Hasselhoff’s ex-wife Pamela Bach has demanded a court order to guarantee that she continues to receive spousal support payments from the actor in case of his death.
The former couple had ended their 16-year marriage in 2006, and subsequently endured a lengthy divorce trial.
A year following the divorce, Hasselhoff’s health was publicly questioned when his alcohol problems were exposed after home video footage of the actor in a drunken state leaked onto the Internet.
Later, Bach made public pleas for the actor’s health, and admitted that she was worried that he could drink himself to death.
Then, the 56-year-old star checked into a rehabilitation facility in a bid to kick his drink demons.
And now, TMZ.com has reported that Bach has taken action on her concern, and has asked a California judge to order Hasselhoff to maintain his current life insurance policy, which would pay her spousal support from beyond his grave. (ANI)
- David Hasselhoff's ex facing lawsuit over March DUI - Dec 01, 2009
- David Hasselhoff pays ex-wife $3.25mn in exchange for marital house - May 18, 2010
- Dennis Quaid's wife files for divorce - Mar 11, 2012
- David Hasselhoff proposes to Hayley Roberts - Jan 31, 2012
- Arrest warrant issued for 'Kill Bill' star Michael Madsen - Mar 14, 2011
- David Hasselhoff says 'alcohol poisoning stories were exaggerated' - May 04, 2009
- Mena Suvari files for divorce - Jan 16, 2012
- Pamela Bach arrested for DUI - Nov 30, 2009
- Hasselhoff blames recent hospitalisation on "equilibrium imbalance" - Sep 22, 2009
- I felt guilty my marriages didn't work: Hasselhoff - Apr 18, 2011
- Sheen offers home to ex-wife - Aug 27, 2011
- Drunken David Hasselhoff rushed to hospital second time in a year - Sep 21, 2009
- Daughter takes drunk David Hasselhoff to hospital - Sep 21, 2009
- Cruise reunites with daughter Suri - Jul 18, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes' lawyers discuss divorce pact - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: alcohol problems, california judge, david hasselhoff, demons, divorce, drunken state, Health Science, home video footage, insurance, life insurance policy, marriage, old star, pamela bach, public pleas, rehabilitation facility, spousal support payments, wife pamela