David, Govinda reunite for another laugh riotJune 17th, 2009 - 9:11 am ICT by IANS
By Joginder Tuteja
Mumbai, June 17 (IANS) “Do Knot Disturb” by David Dhawan has a lot going for it as far as reunions go. Not only does it carry forward his partnership with favourite actor Govinda, but it also marks the director’s coming together with producer Vashu Bhagnani after four years.
“Vashu, Govinda and I have been a team for years now. Our motive has always been to entertain people. And what better way to do that than to make them laugh. Our track record over the years pretty much demonstrates that,” Dhawan, who is collaborating with Bhagnani four years after the release of “Shaadi No. 1″, told IANS.
“‘Do Knot Disturb’ follows the same objective — to make people laugh and let them forget their worries. With actors like Govinda, Riteish Deshmukh, Lara Dutta and Sushmita Sen - all of whom have a natural flair for comedy - I am sure audiences worldwide would be seen smiling once the film arrives on screen,” he added.
Said Bhagnani: “Add to this the very fact that ‘Do Knot Disturb’ would be my sixth film with David. In fact, my first four films as a producer were all with David - ‘Coolie No. 1′, ‘Hero No. 1′, ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ and ‘Biwi No. 1′. All four were massive hits and incidentally the first three were with Govinda.”
Apparently, “Do Knot Disturb” marks Dhawan and Govinda’s 17th film together. Apart from that, Govinda reunites with Bhagnani 11 years after “Bade Miyan Chote Miyan” (1998).
Subsequently, Bhagnani and Dhawan took a break from each other and worked with other filmmakers. They joined hands once again for “Shaadi No. 1″, but the film just about managed to sail through.
“We have been like brothers and it has been a great journey since 1995, the year when ‘Coolie No. 1′ released. It was about time that the three of us came together again and this is what resulted in ‘Do Knot Disturb’,” sais Bhagnani.
“Do Knot Disturb” is being touted as an out and out fun entertainer that also stars Sohail Khan, Ranvir Shorey and Rajpal Yadav. With music by Nadeem-Shravan, the film would be released later this year.
- 1989-2009 - David-Govinda journey from TAAQATWAR to DO KNOT DISTURB - Jun 25, 2009
- Karan Johar and David Dhawan clash again after a decade - Sep 29, 2009
- Do Knot Disturb ready for laugh riot - Sep 16, 2009
- Govinda is undoubtedly the King of Comedy -Ritesh Deshmukh - Oct 02, 2009
- My comedies are stress-busters for viewers: Govinda (Interview) - Sep 20, 2009
- Music of Bollywood film 'Do Knot Disturb' released in Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- BIG Pictures' next - DO KNOT DISTURB gets unveiled at IIFA 2009 - Jun 12, 2009
- Do Knot Disturb's Zabardast Music Launch! - Aug 26, 2009
- Do Knot Disturb is a classic Govinda-David - Sep 26, 2009
- When I want to make people laugh, I work with David Dhawan: Sushmita Sen - Sep 06, 2009
- David Dhawan walks the ramp with Sushmita Sen - Jun 14, 2009
- Dhawan, Govinda make a comeback after 2-years with 'Do Knot Disturb' - Sep 15, 2009
- Eat right to look good, says Govinda - Jul 03, 2008
- 'Do Knot Disturb' to release across 1060 screens worldwide - Oct 01, 2009
- Madhuri, Govinda groove again to 'Makhna' - Jan 07, 2011
Tags: 11 years, actor govinda, audiences, david dhawan, filmmakers, four films, great journey, joginder, knot, lara dutta, laugh riot, massive hits, motive, natural flair, reunions, riteish deshmukh, sixth film, sohail khan, sushmita sen, worries