David Fincher wins BAFTA for ‘The Social Network’February 14th, 2011 - 6:06 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 14 (IANS) American director David Fincher walked away with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) award for best director for his motion picture “The Social Network” Sunday.The movie is an adaptation from Ben Mezrich’s 2009 non-fiction book “The Accidental Billionaires”. It traces the founding of the social networking website Facebook and its resulting lawsuits.
“The Social Network” features an ensemble cast including Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield, Justin Timberlake, Brenda Song, Armie Hammer, Max Minghella, Rashida Jones, Joseph Mazzello, and Rooney Mara.
Fincher beat the likes of Darren Aronofsky for “Black Swan”, Tom Hooper for “The King’s Speech”, Christopher Nolan for “Inception” and Danny Boyle for “127 Hours” at the gala that took place at the Opera House in London.
He won the Golden Globe best director award for the same movie earlier this year.
- Fincher wins best director for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- 'The Social Network' bags Golden Globe for best film - Jan 17, 2011
- Mumbai film fest to open with 'The Social Network' - Oct 17, 2010
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
- 'The King's Speech ' wins best film - Feb 28, 2011
- Check Out Names Of Five Directors Nominated For DGA Awards 2011 - Jan 11, 2011
- Tom Hooper wins best director for 'The King's Speech' - Feb 28, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' leads Oscar race with 12 nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- Oscar Nominations 2011 Lead by 'King's Speech' With 12 Nominations - Jan 26, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' wins best film at BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- 'The Social Network' bags National Critics Award - Jan 10, 2011
- 'The Social Network' storms national board of review - Dec 04, 2010
- David Fincher named best working director - May 03, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- "The Social Network" Gets A Mixed Reaction - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: american director, armie hammer, black swan, brenda song, christopher nolan, danny boyle, darren aronofsky, director award, director david fincher, facebook, golden globe, jesse eisenberg, joseph mazzello, london feb, max minghella, networking website, rashida jones, social networking, television arts, tom hooper