David Fincher named best working directorMay 3rd, 2011 - 4:48 am ICT by IANS
London, May 3 (IANS) David Fincher of “The Social Network” fame has been named the best working director in a poll.
Fincher beat “The Dark Knight” director Christopher Nolan, Steven Spielberg and Martin Scorsese in the EW.com survey.
“His taut, meticulous thrillers reflect his own irrepressible obsessiveness, but his last two films are the work of a supremely confident maestro of visual storytelling,” said the editors.
The top 10 best working directors are:
1. David Fincher
2. Christopher Nolan
3. Steven Spielberg
4. Martin Scorsese
5. Darren Aronofsky
6. the Coen Brothers
7. Quentin Tarantino
8. Terrence Malick
9. Clint Eastwood
10. Pedro Almodovar.
- 'The King's Speech ' wins best film - Feb 28, 2011
- Scorsese named top director - Mar 12, 2010
- Hazanavicius wins best director Oscar for `The Artist' (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Fincher wins best director for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Hazanavicius wins Oscar for `The Artist' - Feb 27, 2012
- Tom Hooper wins best director for 'The King's Speech' - Feb 28, 2011
- Cameron voted 'most powerful man' in film world - Sep 25, 2010
- David Fincher wins BAFTA for 'The Social Network' - Feb 14, 2011
- Check Out Names Of Five Directors Nominated For DGA Awards 2011 - Jan 11, 2011
- 'Dark Night Rises' to beat 'The Avengers'? - Jun 20, 2012
- Michael Sheen's next with Terrence Malick - Dec 30, 2011
- Ford to be honoured by Society of Cinematographers - Feb 01, 2012
- 'Apocalypse Now' voted 'Best Film Of Last 30 Years' - Dec 01, 2009
- Hathaway hates watching herself on screen - Apr 15, 2012
- 'The King's Speech' leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: christopher nolan, clint eastwood, coen brothers, dark knight, darren aronofsky, david fincher, director christopher nolan, editors, fame, maestro, martin scorsese, obsessiveness, pedro almodovar, poll, quentin tarantino, steven spielberg, terrence malick, thrillers, two films, visual storytelling