David Cassidy: To Challenge His DUI Arrest – Released On BondNovember 6th, 2010 - 8:47 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
November 6, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): David Cassidy, the famous actor from the hit TV series of the 70s ‘The Partridge Family’ was arrested on Wednesday night in Florida for driving under the influence of alcohol. According to the TMZ, the police report stated that Cassidy had trouble keeping his Mercedes car in the lane and went on weaving, so the patrol stopped and pulled him over in the Fort Pierce.
David told the patrolling cops that he only had a glass of wine and was under the influence of painkillers, but the cops smelled alcohol and even he failed the sobriety tests. Also a half bottle of bourbon was found in the back of Cassidy’s car. The actor was taken to the police station and was not released until 3:22 AM in the morning. The 60 -year-old actor had to post a $350 bond to be free.
The spokesperson of David told TMZ that they would contest the DUI charges and the accuracy of the results given by the breathalyzer. Cassidy was found 0.139 and 0.141 in the test of breath and blew which was almost twice over the legal limit of .08. Cassidy was returning from funeral when he was indicted with charges of driving under the influence of alcohol.
In 2007 Cassidy’s daughter ‘Gossip Girl’ star Katie Cassidy was busted for DUI.
- Former Teen Idol David Cassidy Taken Into Custody For Drunken Driving - Nov 05, 2010
- Chris Klein Arrested For DUI - Jun 19, 2010
- Jaime Pressly charged with driving under the influence - Feb 02, 2011
- Cops believe LiLo was 'under the influence' at rehab - Jan 06, 2011
- Man dressed as breathalyzer for Halloween arrested for DUI - Nov 07, 2010
- Golfer Rachel Connor arrested in Florida for DUI - Mar 08, 2012
- Rick Springfield arrested for DUI - May 03, 2011
- Amanda Bynes in driving accident - again! - Apr 15, 2012
- American Pie star Chris Klein arrested on DUI - Jun 17, 2010
- Amber Portwood Pulled Over By Cops, Issued Citation For Suspended License - Dec 16, 2010
- Chris Klein says Sorry about DUI - Sep 04, 2010
- Chris Klein Serves Jail Time for Second DUI - Sep 07, 2010
- 'Sopranos' Actor Joseph Gannascoli Charged With DUI - Jun 19, 2010
- Brandi Glanville charged for her DUI offense - Dec 18, 2010
- Dennis Quaid narrowly escapes DUI arrest - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: bourbon, david cassidy, driving under the influence, driving under the influence of alcohol, dui arrest, dui charges, famous actor, fort pierce, girl star, glass of wine, gossip girl, katie cassidy, mercedes car, painkillers, partridge family, police report, police station, report stated that, sobriety, tmz