David Buckner: Glenn Beck Guest Passes Out on TelevisionApril 14th, 2009 - 8:47 pm ICT by GD
Glenn Beck sure enjoys his arguments but did he know he could make people pass out. David Buckner, professor of organizational leadership at the Columbia University passed out while he was live on Glenn Beck’s show on Monday afternoon.
Beck and Buckner were discussing government investments when Beck asked Buckner, “You all right?” “I’m passing out,” Buckner told Beck.
“Want to sit down?” he asked, before the guest fell to the floor. “We’ll be back in just a second,” he said, and then the show cut to commercial. Videos of the segment showing Buckner pass out are available over the internet to view.
Before passing out Beck had said “Dave, as I’m looking at the states that are raising taxes, I’m looking at these and going — they are all the most liberal states, they are — all of them — they have all these programs, now they can’t afford it. At what point do these states just say they failed, they just — there’s no more money left.”
Buckner replied: :Well, at some point they recognize you can’t — you can’t tax your way out of a recession. You can’t. You cannot take money away from the consumers, from small businesses and individuals and assume that things are going to get better. You cannot entice firms to come in if you’re going to be taxing them. Firms will look elsewhere.
There was no report later to state why Buckner had passed out during the show or whether he had required any form of medical attention.
- Glenn Beck Diagnosed With Macular Dystrophy, Could Go Blind - Jul 20, 2010
- Glenn Beck Fires Back At James Cameron - Mar 25, 2010
- Meghan McCain hits back at Beck - May 13, 2011
- Ryan Reynolds remembers brush with death at 17 - Jun 19, 2011
- 'March to Keep Fear Alive' to Counter 'Rally to Restore Sanity' - Sep 17, 2010
- Riot control weapon that makes guys wet themselves (The Funny Side) - Jun 22, 2012
- Hubby's presence disturbs Carrie Underwood - Apr 09, 2012
- Keira Knightley splurges on high-end fashion only if her mum allows - Feb 01, 2011
- Peter Andre doesn't have time to date - Jul 07, 2011
- Glenn Beck Suffering From Macular Dystrophy - Jul 20, 2010
- I have psychological defect: Brad Pitt - Oct 01, 2011
- TV host Glenn Beck may be going blind - Jul 20, 2010
- Indian TV projects unhappy lives: Karan Johar (Interview) - Jun 13, 2012
- For Chris Evans, comedies are like summer camps - Sep 28, 2011
- Obama blames online "misinformation" campaign for creating myth that he is Muslim - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: columbia university, consumers, david buckner, glenn beck, government investments, liberal states, medical attention, monday afternoon, money, organizational leadership, recession, segment, small businesses, television