‘Dasavatharam’ overshoots budget to Rs.1.3 billionApril 29th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by admin
Chennai, April 29 (IANS) Kamal Haasan starrer “Dasavatharam” has overshot its Rs.1.3 billion budget and becomes the costliest Indian film to be ever made, said sources. “Friday’s much hyped trip of Jackie Chan to Chennai on a chartered flight had cost Rs.100 million to the producer and has added to the total cost that has now gone beyond Rs.1.4 billion, said sources close to producer “Oscar” Ravichandran.
The producer, however, is not said to be complaining.
“Since top stars from Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini and Mallika Sherawat were present, the worldwide publicity generated has contributed more to the movie’s Hindi release than what we actually ended up spending,” the source added.
Unfortunately, there was chaos at the film’s audio launch function last week in Chennai. Dozens of people, including journalists, were injured when police cane-charged frenzied crowds at the star-studded event.
“Any news is good news. Despite spending all this money, there were no pictures of our shy producer Ravichandran. And there is no mention of his apologising to anyone anywhere,” said a publicist associated with the film, referring to the mismanagement of the audio release function.
- Chennai Waiting To Meet Mallika Sherawat - Oct 22, 2010
- Vijay's 'Velayudham' to be launched in grandeur - May 19, 2010
- Studio Green keen to distribute 'Kumki' - Sep 09, 2012
- Delhi chill grips Mallika Sherawat - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Dasavathaaram', costliest Indian film ever, releases Friday - Jun 12, 2008
- Meeting Obama filled me with pride: Mallika Sherawat - Dec 14, 2011
- Mallika meets Jackie Chan, again (Movie Snippets) - May 21, 2012
- Dhanush, Mallika named hottest vegetarians - Jan 20, 2012
- Fans, scribes cane-charged at Chennai movie function(Lead) - Apr 26, 2008
- Manmadhan Ambu Team Returns To Chennai - Jul 22, 2010
- Hema Malini is worth Rs.60 crore - Feb 21, 2011
- Is Kamal Haasan eyeing Walt Disney now? - Mar 25, 2010
- Malika Sherawat And Salma Hayek To Be Seen Together In A Hollywood Project - Jun 18, 2010
- D. Ramanaidu to get Dada Saheb Phalke Award - Sep 09, 2010
- Mallika gets up, close, personal with Ontario Premier - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: 100 million, amitabh bachchan, apologising, april 29, chartered flight, crowds, dasavatharam, hema malini, indian film, jackie chan, journalists, kamal haasan, launch, mallika sherawat, mismanagement, publicist, ravichandran, rs 1, top stars, worldwide publicity