‘Darth Vader’ revealed Star Wars sequel two years before its releaseNovember 11th, 2010 - 6:32 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Nov 11 (ANI): David Prowse, better known as Darth Vader, on screen in the first Star Wars film in 1977, revealed a glimpse of a possible plot for the second sequel two years before its release but went unnoticed, according to a fan.
If you liked the first movie, he tells a thousand fans gathered for an autograph session, just wait for the next two films.
He then drops the bombshell of all movie bombshells.
“Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, the young hero in the first film played by Mark Hamill, are hooked up in a do-or-die lightsaber duel when Luke learns that Darth is, in fact, his long-lost father,” the News.com.au quoted Prowse as saying.
“Father can’t kill son, son can’t kill father.
“So they live again to star in Star Wars IV,” he said.
Websites scream “spoiler alert!” on their homepage, tucking the details away out of sight to avoid the wrath of readers.
Even the San Francisco Examiner wasn’t switched on. They buried the revelation in the last par, after noting that Prowse “offered a glimpse of a possible plot for the second sequel”.
The times have changed, obviously, but lucky for Star Wars fan “vinvectrex”, whose mom cut the article out for her seven-year-old son and it’s been tucked away in a folder for more than three decades.
“These days spoilers are pretty much inevitable,” he wrote at Retroist.com.
“Eventually I decided that I believed the article, and shared the news with my friends.
“They mocked me for making up such a crazy idea. Luke related to Vader - simply impossible.
“A while later we moved, so I never got to gloat that I was right about this when Empire hit the theatres. They probably forgot all about it.” (ANI)
- 'Star Wars' fans thrilled after seeing lost Return of the Jedi clip - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Star Wars' actor Mark Hamill loses Luke Skywalker charms - Apr 02, 2011
- Chile's 'Star Wars' school to teach kids martial arts - Mar 13, 2011
- Darth Vader's bizarrely made-over helmets up for grabs at auction - Jul 11, 2010
- Darth Vader actor David Prowse banned from attending 'Star Wars' events - Jul 17, 2010
- Jude Law voted hottest on-screen dad - Jun 20, 2010
- George Lucas to release Star Wars in 3D from 2012 - Sep 30, 2010
- Star Wars tribute in The Last Supper makeover! - Feb 03, 2009
- Darth Vader's psychology revealed - Jun 06, 2010
- Now play 'Star Wars' on iPhone - Nov 05, 2010
- Zac Efron wants to play Luke Skywalker in new Star Wars TV series - Apr 10, 2009
- Darth Vader Commercial Appeciated By Viewers, Max Page Praised - Feb 08, 2011
- Rare 'Star Wars' Darth Vader costume up for grabs - Oct 28, 2010
- 25 films that will be immortalised by US National Film Registry this year - Dec 29, 2010
- "May the 4th be with You" - Today is 'Star Wars Day' - May 04, 2010
Tags: autograph session, bombshell, crazy idea, darth vader, first star, glimpse, luke skywalker, mark hamill, more than three decades, out of sight, revelation, san francisco examiner, spoiler alert, star wars, star wars fan, star wars film, star wars iv, star wars sequel, two films, wrath