Darkness heading for a reunion?December 22nd, 2008 - 1:51 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 22 (ANI): Brit rock band Darkness is considering reuniting after the rockers were offered a small fortune to hit the road again, according to reports.
The band became famous in 2003 and split just 3 years later due to their frontman Justin Hawkins constant drug problem, which led to feuds within the group.
However. the band is currently thinking of reuniting after the US entrepreneur behind the Dubai Desert Rocks festival has offered the band big money for a huge American tour in 2009 on top of a new album.
The offer is tabled and being studied by everyone, the Sun quoted a source, as saying.
Although, the band has landed a smooth deal, the bandmates Justin Hawkins, Dan Hawkins, Frankie Poullain and drummer Ed Graham, who are at odds with each other, will have to work through their differences, before putting up an act together.
Its an absolute mess because so much contributed to the band breaking up. The main thing is that Dan and Justin dont get along at all. Dan blames Justin for the second albums failure because of Justins drink and drug problems, a source said.
Plus Dan and Ed are in a legal dispute with the bands manager over money. They both reckon theyre still owed millions and are determined to get their money. The guys are all saying they would jump at the chance to reunite. But a crack team of lawyers and counsellors would be needed to sort out the mess theyre in. And until everything is resolved, theres no way they could go on tour together, the source added.
It is being predicted that the band, which became a phenomenon from nothing will create magic with its much-awaited reunion.
If the comeback does happen, its sure to be a success because the band went from nothing to superstars overnight and they still have millions of fans around the world, the source said. (ANI)
- Girls Aloud to reunite in 2012 - Jun 11, 2011
- Rolling Stones to bow out after 50 yrs in music - with giant farewell tour - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Happy Mondays' don't plan any major reform - Dec 06, 2011
- Frankie Sandford finally reacts to Una Healy's baby bump - Nov 04, 2011
- Rolling Stones gear up for final farewell - Jul 25, 2010
- Rolling Stones Plan Farewell Tour - Jul 24, 2010
- Coldplay tries hypnosis - Oct 28, 2011
- After reuniting with band members, Stefani feels at home - Aug 22, 2012
- Toploader Unites To Rock Again! - Dec 06, 2010
- Courtney Love's band Hole to reunite for docu screening - Mar 27, 2011
- Backstreet Boys plan cruise concert - Sep 01, 2012
- Backstreet Boys get back for eighth album - Dec 29, 2011
- Rolling Stones 'to rock Down Under in 2012 world tour' - May 23, 2010
- New bassist for Whitesnake - Aug 25, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to reunite with Girls Aloud for 2012 tour - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: 3 years, absolute mess, bandmates, brit rock, counsellors, drummer, dubai desert, ed graham, entrepreneur, feuds, frankie poullain, frontman, justin hawkins, legal dispute, new album, phenomenon, rock band, rockers, small fortune, superstars