‘Dark Night Rises’ to beat ‘The Avengers’?June 20th, 2012 - 2:16 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 20 (IANS) The pre-booking sales of Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Night Rises” has begun and they seem promising enough to take over “The Avengers” as the highest grossing action hero film of all time.
The tickets went on sale last week and the opening night was promptly sold out, reports ew.com.
The tickets are being sold for $100 mostly, with an exception of the screening at Manhattan’s Lincoln Square Theater selling them for $114. Meanwhile, tickets in Britain are being sold for 300 pounds.
“The Avengers” had an amazing success rate when it released worldwide April 11, earning $1.42 billion globally.
- David Fincher named best working director - May 03, 2011
- Hathaway hates watching herself on screen - Apr 15, 2012
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011
- Nolan announces 'Batman 3' title - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Brokeback Mountain' Star Heath Ledger's Apartment Up For Sale - Nov 20, 2010
- Batman 3 movie title revealed - Oct 28, 2010
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Anne Hathaway From Tiara To Catsuit In 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' - dark, knightly and rises to expectations (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 20, 2012
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Here are the top 10 richest people in Hollywood - Feb 03, 2011
- Sequel of 'The Dark Night' to Hit Screens in 2012 - May 03, 2010
- 'The Help' is on top of the US Box Office - Sep 06, 2011
- Hathaway to star in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Jan 20, 2011
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012