Darfur involvement biggest failure of my life, says George ClooneySeptember 3rd, 2010 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 3 (ANI): George Clooney has said that amongst all his humanitarian efforts, Darfur has been the biggest failure of his life.
Clooney, 49, and his Journalist father smuggled cameras into the refugee camp of Darfur genocide victims to bring world viz a viz to the sufferings of the refugees.
“I’ve been honoured to be able to lend my celebrity to help wherever I can, especially on behalf of the United Nations. But in the case of Darfur, it’s been the greatest failure of my life. With other people, we’ve been able to get a lot of attention focused on the terrible situation there and nothing has changed. It’s very frustrating,” Fox News quoted Clooney as telling the Sun.
Cloney received a humanitarian award at the Emmy Awards for his work toward earthquake victims in Haiti and Hurricane Katrina victims on the Gulf coast.
“It’s embarrassing .You don’t want to be awarded for doing what you’re supposed to be doing,” said the ‘Ocean’s eleven’ actor.
- Darfur biggest failure of my life: Clooney - Sep 02, 2010
- George Clooney to get a special Emmy Award - Jul 22, 2010
- George Clooney Will Be Honored At The Emmys - Aug 28, 2010
- Humanitarian Award For George Clooney - Jul 23, 2010
- Clooney to receive Emmy for charity work - Jul 23, 2010
- George Clooney conferred humanitarian award at Emmy - Aug 30, 2010
- George Clooney To Receive Emmy For Humanitarian Efforts - Jul 22, 2010
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2010 Winners Walk The Red Carpet With Glory - Aug 30, 2010
- Usher to be honoured for philanthropy - Oct 13, 2011
- Clooney learns from mistakes - Aug 12, 2011
- Actor George Clooney among arrested in Sudan protest - Mar 18, 2012
- Sean Penn to receive "Hollywood Humanitarian Award" - Sep 22, 2010
- Aid for Haiti a priority as 600,000 still live in camps following quake - Oct 06, 2011
- Sean Penn to get lifetime award at Dubai film fest - Nov 24, 2010
- Clooney 'spreads awareness about possible civil war in Africa' - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: cameras, celebrity, darfur, earthquake victims, emmy awards, failure, fox news, genocide, george clooney, gulf coast, haiti, humanitarian award, humanitarian efforts, hurricane katrina victims, journalist, refugee camp, refugees, sufferings, sun, united nations