Dara Singh remains criticalJuly 8th, 2012 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 8 (IANS) Wrestling champion and veteran Bollywood actor Dara Singh remains critical, a doctor said Sunday.
Dara Singh, 84, was taken to the hospital Saturday following a severe cardiac problem.
“He is still extremely critical. He is under high dose of medication. I would not say he is stable,” Ram Narain of Kokilabain Hospital told IANS.
“We are still trying to find the exact reason… He came yesterday with no pulse and low BP (blood pressure). We have to keep him on ventilator to get his BP and oxygen stable. Right now he is very serious,” he added.
Dara Singh, who won the title of Rustam-e-Hind in wrestling, entered movie world in the 1960s.
He appeared in various films such as “Watan Se Door”, “Daada”, “Rustom-E-Baghdad”, “Sher Dil”, “Sikandar E Azam”, “Raaka”, “Mera Naam Joker” and “Dharam Karam”. He was last seen in a 2007 release “Jab We Met”.
He also featured in mythological television shows “Ramayana” and “Mahabharat”.
Apart from acting, Dara Singh also tried his hand at direction.
- Dara Singh still 'very critical' - Jul 10, 2012
- Wrestler-actor Dara Singh dead (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Dara Singh shifted home, still on ventilator (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Dara Singh still critical, undergoes dialysis - Jul 09, 2012
- Dara Singh critical, MRI shows damage to brain - Jul 11, 2012
- Wrestler-actor Dara Singh dead, Bollywood in mourning (Second lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Pray for Dara Singh, says Dharmendra - Jul 10, 2012
- Dara Singh - the champion loses his final fight (Obituary) - Jul 12, 2012
- Bollywood's first macho man Dara Singh's filmography - Jul 12, 2012
- VM - Dara Singh, champ with heart of gold, bid final goodbye (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Dara Singh, champ with heart of gold, bid final goodbye (Intro Roundup, correcting para eight) - Jul 12, 2012
- Dara Singh critical - Jul 07, 2012
- Dara Singh's funeral scheduled for late noon - Jul 12, 2012
- B-wood mourns Dara Singh's death - Jul 12, 2012
- CWG gold medallist wrestler Harishchandra Birajdar dies - Sep 14, 2011
Tags: 1960s, azam, baghdad, blood pressure, bollywood actor, bp, cardiac problem, dara singh, dharam, exact reason, jab, medication, mera naam joker, naam, narain, oxygen, rustom, sher dil, sikandar, ventilator