Danny Boyle in line for Freedom of the Borough accolade (Re-issue)February 27th, 2009 - 12:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 26 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle is being considered to be honoured as a Freeman of Bury, Lancashire, in recognition of his Oscar-winning flick.
According to reports, council officials are proposing to offer the Freedom of the Borough to the 52-year-old filmmaker, who was born in the Radcliffe area of the Lancashire market town.
Boyle, whose family still live there, studied at Thornleigh Salesian College in nearby Bolton.
Council officials are also recommending Brit award-winning band Elbow and Paralympian Zoe Robinson for Freedom of the Borough.
“Danny Boyle, Elbow’’s and Zoe Robinson’’s successes over the past twelve months have really put the borough of Bury on the map, both nationally and internationally, the Telegraph quoted Councillor Bob Bibby, Leader of Bury Council, as saying.
“We are really proud of all of these individuals” outstanding achievements in their respective professions and by granting them Freedom of the Borough we want to acknowledge their hard work, determination and commitment and this is the council’’s way of congratulating them all on their recent successes,” Bibby added.
Persons of distinction, and those who have rendered eminent services to the Borough, can be admitted to be Honorary Freemen of the Borough.
The Freedom is the highest tribute that a Borough can bestow. (ANI)
- Danny Boyle in line for "Freedom of the Borough" accolade - Feb 26, 2009
- 'Isles of Wonder' theme of Olympic's opening ceremony - Jan 28, 2012
- Brand, Boyle may team up for soccer film - Mar 03, 2011
- Ming Vase auctioned for $1.38 million - Mar 21, 2011
- Russell Brand, Danny Boyle planning football film - Mar 02, 2011
- When Danny Boyles dad left him embarrassed as a kid - Mar 02, 2009
- Boyle dating Dawson? - Aug 05, 2012
- Review Of 127 Hours: Is Killingly Engaging - Jan 27, 2011
- 2011 PGA Award Winners: ‘The King’s Speech’ And ‘Modern Family’ Steal The Show - Jan 24, 2011
- Brit college's decision to ban veils criticised by community leaders - Sep 24, 2010
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Danny Boyle dating 'Sin City' star - Aug 05, 2012
- Danny Boyle’s ‘127 Hours’ Theatrical To Release With Narnia 3 - Dec 04, 2010
- Violin from Titanic band found - Jan 31, 2012
- Coe backs Thompson to light the Olympic flame - Jul 15, 2011
Tags: accolade, bibby, bolton council, borough of bury, bury council, council officials, director danny boyle, distinction, elbow, filmmaker, flick, freeman, freemen, lancashire, millionaire, professions, salesian college, successes, twelve months, zoe