Danny Boyle comes to homeless Slumdog stars’ ‘rescue’May 27th, 2009 - 11:55 am ICT by ANI
London, May 27 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle is flying to India to rescue child stars Rubina Ali and Azharuddin Ismail, it has emerged.
Both the child stars’ were rendered homeless after Mumbai authorities torn down their shanties following a slum clearance drive.
Boyle fears that lives of Azharuddin, ten, and Rubina, nine are spiralling downwards despite their Oscars success, reports the Sun.
He had set up a 500,000 pounds trust to help them in education and give them apartments.
However, a source said: “Their lives do not appear to be any better.” (ANI)
- Danny Boyle flying to India for 'Slumdog...' kids - May 27, 2009
- From slums to queen of suburbs, Rubina Ali goes places (With Image) - Oct 16, 2011
- Slumdog star Rubina Ali set to move from shantytown - Jan 14, 2010
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- Slumdog child star Rubina Ali left homeless - Dec 31, 2009
- "Slumdog Millionaire" child actress Rubina Ali loses home in a fire - Mar 08, 2011
- 'Slumdog' actor Rubina gets New Year flat gift from Danny Boyle - Dec 31, 2009
- Will Danny Boyle team up with Aamir Khan in his next? - May 31, 2009
- 'Slumdog' kid's father slams Danny Boyle - May 27, 2009
- 'Slumdog Millionaire' child star Azharuddin Ismail finally gets new home - Jul 06, 2009
- How Slumdog Millionaire's success changed lives of film's child stars - Dec 26, 2009
- Slumdog's Rubina to be homeless soon - Oct 07, 2009
- Danny Boyle buys new home for homeless Azharuddin Ismail - May 28, 2009
- Bandra's 'Millionaire' star remains at neighbour's mercy - Mar 07, 2011
- "Slumdog Millionaire" Actress Rubina Ali Loses Home - Jan 04, 2010