Danny Boyle bags James Bond flick offerMarch 3rd, 2009 - 11:58 am ICT by ANI
London, March 3 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire not only turned out to be an Oscar sensation, but has also earned its director Danny Boyle a chance to direct the next James Bond flick.
Bond chief Barbara Broccoli, who currently heads the 007 franchise at EON Productions, is said to be leading the chase for the British filmmakers services.
Danny is the man of the moment and he is being bombarded with offers from studios, the Sun quoted a source as saying.
He has been offered the chance to direct the 23rd Bond film by Barbara. The EON team love his vision and think that it would work perfectly for the new look of Bond, the source added.
In his recent interviews, Danny has said that big budgets are not important to him.
And Bond producers think that Boyle may be the right choice considering the changes in the 007 series since Daniel Craig has joined it.
Danny has always insisted he is more interested in the film than the money, the source said.
However, with Daniel Craigs involvement and the way the films are now structured with the emphasis on the characters and plot rather than gags and gadgets it is right up Dannys street.
Everyone on the EON team thinks Danny would be a fantastic addition to the Bond family, the source added.
Danny, who bagged the Best Director Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire, has also made films like Shallow Grave, Trainspotting and 28 Days Later. (ANI)
- Danny Boyle asked to direct next Bond film - Mar 03, 2009
- Danny Boyle has no plans to direct the next Bond flick - Mar 04, 2009
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Danny Boyle to be 2012 Olympic opening director - Jun 17, 2010
- Danny Boyle May Direct The 2012 London Olympics - Jun 09, 2010
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- James Bond to open London Olympics - Apr 01, 2012
- 'Bond 23' suspended indefinitely! - Apr 21, 2010
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- Freida Pinto still the only one in Bond babe race - Mar 19, 2010
- 'Isles of Wonder' theme of Olympic's opening ceremony - Jan 28, 2012
- Danny Boyle gets ready for BFI Award - Sep 29, 2010
- London Games opening ceremony kicks-off at 9 p.m. - Jul 26, 2012
- Filming of 'James Bond 23' Movie Canceled Due To MGM Bankruptcy - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: 28 days later, barbara broccoli, best director oscar, bond family, bond film, bond producers, british filmmakers, budgets, craigs, daniel craig, danny boyle, eon productions, gags, james bond flick, london march, man of the moment, millionaire, next james bond, right choice, trainspotting