Danielle Lloyd sues phone company for download of explicit photosMarch 27th, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 27 (ANI): British glamour model Danielle Lloyd is suing a phone company after it was discovered that one of its employers had allegedly downloaded explicit photos from her mobile.
Lloyd, 25, said that she had left her old phone at her local branch of Carphone Warehouse after buying a new one, so that data could be transferred.
As per a statement submitted in High Court, the former Miss England said that one of the staff viewed the images and made copies of them.
She is now suing Carphone Warehouse and employee Deepak Jagpal, who has been accused of taking copies of the pictures, including intimate surgery shots.
The incident took place last September, and the company said that it even apologized to Lloyd as soon as it came to know about it, and fired Jagpal.
“The download of customer content is entirely unacceptable and we can confirm that this content was not published,” the Daily Express quoted a spokesman for the company as saying.
“When the matter was brought to our attention we immediately conducted an investigation and the employee is no longer working within the business.
“Their actions are not indicative of our usual standard of service and we absolutely apologise to Ms Lloyd,” he added.
Lloyd’s writ makes a claim of up to 50,000 pounds for breach of contract, and invasion of privacy. (ANI)
- News of the World apologises publicly to phone hacking victims - Apr 10, 2011
- Danielle Lloyd pregnant with second child - Jul 14, 2011
- China"s largest search engine, Baidu fined for providing access to woman's porn pics - Jul 03, 2010
- Lawsuit filed claiming copyright breach by Cherl Cole - Mar 24, 2011
- Danielle Lloyd gives birth to son - Jul 12, 2010
- Brit girl finds porn on her repaired mobile - Mar 24, 2010
- Now, a royal wedding-themed mobile phone from Alacatel - Mar 22, 2011
- Lloyd plans wild hen party - Jan 22, 2012
- Danielle Lloyd expecting Jamie O'Hara's baby - Mar 04, 2010
- 7,000 mobile phones hacked in Britain - Apr 11, 2011
- Google Street View also copied people's emails, passwords - Oct 24, 2010
- Katie Green to take on Danielle Lloyd, Kelly Brook in Battle of the Calendar Babes - Nov 01, 2009
- Danielle Lloyd's son Harry released from the hospital - Aug 16, 2011
- Apple Alerts Intent to Share Location Data - Jun 23, 2010
- Supreme Court orders that a cop's sexy texts on an employer provided gadget could be searched - Jun 18, 2010
Tags: breach of contract, british glamour, customer content, daily express, danielle lloyd, deepak, explicit photos, glamour model, Images, invasion of privacy, last september, london, miss england, spokesman, writ