Daniel Radcliffe to play slain photojournalistJanuary 1st, 2008 - 2:46 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Jan 1 (ANI): Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has beaten Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom to bag the lead role in a new film about a slain photojournalist.
Radcliffe will be seen playing a photographer named Dan Eldon in Journey, a film on the Somalian civil war.
Eldon was one of the four journalists who were stoned to death by a mob in the African country in 1993.
According to Eldon’s mum Kathy, Radcliffe was the perfect choice to play her son.
“We resisted a lot of older actors because Dan was a boy emerging into manhood,” Contactmusic quoted Kathy, as saying.
The movie is based on a compilation of Eldons journals. (ANI)
- Radcliffe looking forward for tragic role post-Potter - Jul 18, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe put on flab over Xmas - Jan 13, 2008
- Daniel Radcliffe to play slain photojournalist - Jul 18, 2009
- Harry Potter's Watson, Grint are Forbes' top-earning couple with $6.3bn - Jan 27, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise to be honoured at BAFTA - Feb 04, 2011
- Radcliffe's parents initially against Potter role - Nov 23, 2011
- Spooky new role will free me from Potter shadow: Daniel Radcliffe - Jul 30, 2010
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe 'Wealthiest British Star Under 30' - Nov 30, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe a real wizard? - Nov 25, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe Compares 'Harry Potter' With 'Hamlet' - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter franchise to be honoured at this year's BAFTA awards - Feb 04, 2011
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Harry Potter Cast Bonding Well, Says Daniel Radcliffe - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: actors, compilation, dan eldon, daniel radcliffe, harry potter, journalists, journals, journey, lead role, manhood, mob, new film, orlando bloom, perfect choice, photographer, potter star, somalian civil war