Daniel Radcliffe set for Broadway debutNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:33 am ICT by admin
And, he’s ‘very, very excited’ about the moment even though he’s also very nervous.
“Of course there’s nerves. If I wasn’t nervous then I would be dead,” the BBC quoted him, as saying.
“It’s a good thing, it’s healthy. I’m obviously nervous but I’m very very excited,” he added.
Radcliffe plays a disturbed youngster who blinds horses in Peter Shaffer’s play, and hopes that it will be a hit on Broadway as it was at West End.
“If we can get a straight play to really succeed in a world of theatre that is so besieged by musicals, that would be a real achievement and I think the time is absolutely right to do it there,” he said.
“For a kid who grew up listening to showbiz tunes in the car, Broadway is a big, big thing. All the people I know in New York say New York is ready for this kind of play,” he added.
Also accompanying Radcliff will be play’s director, designer and lighting director, as well as his co-star Richard Griffiths
“I’ll be there with Richard so when people said it was a risk to do it in the first place you just have to look around the rehearsal room - with me and Richard Griffiths, Thea Sharrock, John Napier and David Hersey,” he said.
“I was just thinking, ‘If I screw up I’m going to be screwing up with better people around me’.”
Equus is expected to open in New York in September 2008. (ANI)
- 'Potter' success cannot be repeated: Radcliffe - Mar 19, 2011
- Danielle Radcliffe bags Broadway awards for Equus performance - Jul 14, 2009
- Radcliffe comfortable with nudity - Feb 01, 2012
- Daniel Radcliffe all set to bring his star magic to Broadway musical - Mar 14, 2011
- Georgia Warner to go nude on stage for 'Equus' - Jun 07, 2010
- Ricky Martin happy with family, return to Broadway - Feb 14, 2012
- Kissing scenes don't make Daniel Radcliffe nervous anymore - Jul 03, 2009
- Daniel Radcliffe receives rave reviews for his musical debut on Broadway - Mar 29, 2011
- After 'Harry Potter', archaeology on Radcliffe's mind - Jul 10, 2011
- Hugh Hefner 'not nervous at all' to marry fiancee Crystal Harris - Apr 19, 2011
- Ex porn star Jenna Jameson in talks for dream Broadway rock musical role - Oct 21, 2010
- 'Radcliffe and my daughter are dating' - Aug 21, 2011
- Rupert Grint nervous during first sex scene - Apr 18, 2010
- Robert Pattinson envious of Daniel Radcliffe - May 25, 2010
- Robert Pattinson envies Daniel Radcliffe's theatre career - May 25, 2010
Tags: absolutely right, american stage, bbc, besieged, broadway debut, co star, daniel radcliffe, david hersey, disturbed, equus, john napier, lighting director, on broadway, peter shaffer, radcliff, rehearsal room, richard griffiths, thea, youngster