Daniel Radcliffe pays tribute to murdered Harry Potter actor Rob KnoxMarch 6th, 2009 - 1:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 6 (ANI): Brit actor Daniel Radcliffe, 19, has written a heart-felt note to pay tribute to his murdered Harry Potter co-star Rob Knox.
In the note to the mother of the 18-year-old knife victim, Radcliffe and the devastated cast and crew of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince penned down moving tributes to him.
The messages were written down in a copy of JK Rowlings novel, on which the film was based, turning it into a treasured book of condolence for Robs mother Sally.
Dear Rob, We are all proud to have known you and devastated to have lost you. It is terrible just to write this note. Rest in peace, Dan xxx, the Sun quoted Radcliffe as having written in the message.
He ended the message with a quote that famed author DH Lawrence had sent to a friend in 1923.
To everyone else who reads this remember The dead dont die. They look on and help, he wrote.
Actor Rupert Grint, who played Ron Weasley, also paid tribute to Knox.
Rob, It was an honour to have known you and whenever Im on the Southend strip Ill be thinking of you. Rest in peace mate, he wrote.
Knoxs mother Sally, 51, who was relieved that her sons murderer Karl Bishop, was given four life sentences at the Old Bailey, was touched by the messages.
I know that people will look at these and think its nice because he was so high profile. But to me I treasure it because it was just another example of the way Rob touched lives, another person who met him and liked him. Thats what makes me so proud, she said. (ANI)
- Grint and I never see each other: Radcliffe - Jan 22, 2012
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- Late Harry Potter Actor Rob Knox Will Be Paid Tribute In New Movie's Premiere - Jul 07, 2009
- Late 'Harry Potter' star Rob Knox's mom reveals her pride at movie screening - Jul 06, 2009
- Harry Potter franchise to be honoured at this year's BAFTA awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe vetoed future Potter books - Apr 27, 2011
- Will The 'Harry Potter' Series Really End With 'Deathly Hallows'? - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- It was hard to part ways with young Potter co-stars: Julie Walters - Jul 02, 2010
- Daniel Radcliffe 'was worried about new Potter book rumours' - Apr 27, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe: The Wealthiest British Actor In His 20s - Dec 02, 2010
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Beyonce pays handwritten tribute to mom - May 15, 2012
- Harry Potter Vs Twilight - Who Will Be The Winner? - Nov 26, 2010
Tags: book of condolence, cast and crew, co star, daniel radcliffe, dh lawrence, famed author, half blood prince, harry potter actor, harry potter and the half blood, harry potter and the half blood prince, life sentences, moving tributes, note rest, old bailey, potter and the half blood prince, potter co, rest in peace, rob knox, ron weasley, rupert grint