Daniel Craig says he is ‘ready and willing’ for new Bond filmAugust 16th, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 16 (ANI): Daniel Craig has claimed that he is ‘ready and willing’ to play James Bond again but still doesn’t have any idea when his third outing as the super-spy will begin.
The British actor, who won widespread praise for his portrayal of Bond in ‘Casino Royale’ and ‘Quantum of Solace’, said that he wants to “close the circle” with a third film but is waiting for the call.
Work on the next 007 movie was shelved indefinitely earlier this year because of uncertainty about the future of debt-ridden studio MGM.
Craig is currently filming ‘Cowboys and Aliens’ in New Mexico and has signed up to make ‘The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’ after that.
When asked about the future of James Bond by a Los Angeles Times reporter in New Mexico, he said that he is up for the film if he gets the call.
“You probably know more than I do. It’s out of my hands. I’m ready and willing, and if I get the call, I’ll be there,” the Telegraph quoted Craig as saying.
“It is what it is. Unless MGM can sort themselves out, we can’t make a movie. It’s hard to talk about things that aren’t happening.
“I’m really keen to get going, it’s as simple as that. And I’m hoping that, in a while, we will,” he added.
He told the newspaper: “I felt as if we were just getting going and that we’d get the chance to make a couple more. I’d like to fulfil the circle with the story.”
MGM, famous for its roaring lion logo, owes about 4 billion dollars.
It is on the verge of a deal with Spyglass Entertainment, which was responsible for films including ‘The Sixth Sense’ and ‘Memoirs of a Geisha’, and that would be expected to allow the next Bond movie to be made. (ANI)
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- I am not funny: Daniel Craig - Sep 03, 2012
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Latest James Bond film back on track? - Sep 17, 2010
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- Connery says no to Bond's 50th anniversary celebrations - Jan 31, 2011
- James Bond returns? - Sep 18, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Sam Mendes is perfect director: Craig - Sep 29, 2011
- Craig made bond's character extraordinary: David Arnold - May 04, 2010
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: billion dollars, bond film, british actor, casino royale, cowboys and aliens, daniel craig, dragon tattoo, film london, james bond, lion logo, los angeles times, memoirs of a geisha, new bond, portrayal, roaring lion, sixth sense, solace, spyglass entertainment, studio mgm, times reporter