Daniel Craig says Austin Powers screwed Bond FranchiseJanuary 8th, 2009 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 8 (ANI): Daniel Craig has said that the last two films in the James Bond franchise were deliberately taken in a different direction because Mike Myers” Austin Powers trilogy ruined the spy genre.
The 40-year-old star starred in the last two Bond movies2006′’s Casino Royale and last year’’s (08) Quantum of Solacehave shifted to a darker, less light-hearted tone as compared to their predecessors.
Craig is now convinced that Bond bosses will not take future 007 films back to the catchphrases and gags that characterised previous Bond incarnations.
And the actor has blamed Myers” Austin Powers trilogy, which poked fun at all things Bond did, for the change.
“Don”t get me wrong, I”m up for (gags), as long as the gag works. But the problem is that Austin Powers screwed everything up. He exploded the genre, The Daily Express quoted him as saying. (ANI)
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- Mike Myers in fourth 'Austin Powers' - Aug 16, 2011
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Rachel Weisz 'to play Bond's enemy in next 007 film' - Jan 20, 2011
- William, Harry didn't know queen was 'Bond girl' - Aug 04, 2012
- Daniel Craig moves from Bond to star in Larsson Trilogy - Jul 28, 2010
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: austin powers, casino royale, catchphrases, daily express, daniel craig, gag works, gags, incarnations, james bond franchise, london jan, mike myers, old star, predecessors, quantum, s casino, spy genre, trilogy, two films