Daniel Craig ready for return of Miss MoneypennyNovember 5th, 2008 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Berlin, Nov 5 (DPA) The new James Bond film, A Quantum of Solace, is action-packed and has no time for Miss Moneypenny and Q, but lead actor Daniel Craig said he could imagine the secretary and gadget genius making a return in the next adventure. “I think we should reintroduce her again,” the British actor told DPA in Berlin Monday at the German premiere of the latest installment of Ian Fleming’s Bond series.
A Quantum of Solace, directed by Marc Forster, is the continuation of Casino Royale, the first bond film with the 40-year-old Craig.
In a departure from Bond’s normal amorous behaviour, Craig said this time sex doesn’t have a major role as 007 is still recovering from a broken heart. Quantum starts an hour after Casino Royale ends and Bond is mourning Vesper Lynd’s death and is bent on revenge.
“If he had hopped in bed with 10 women, it would have been contradictory to that history,” Craig said.
Besides Miss Moneypenny and Q, also dropped have been the iconic lines “Shaken, not stirred” and “Bond, James Bond.”
Saying the lines and introducing the characters to a new generation of fans and expecting them to understand who they are is the wrong thing to do, Craig said. “We have to re-introduce them and earn the right to have them there on screen,” he said.
“The lines must be meaningful,” he added.
Craig rejected criticism that Quantum is a pure action thriller and not a Bond adventure. “I do not find that at all,” he said, adding that it borrows from the tradition of the Bond films from the 1960s - Dr No and From Russia With Love.
He said he was taking the publicity surrounding the new blockbuster calmly, even if his face is everywhere on posters, joking that he “simply does not go out of the house.”
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Railways' green signal to Bond film - Sep 01, 2011
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Rachel Weisz 'to play Bond's enemy in next 007 film' - Jan 20, 2011
- Heineken extends partnership with James Bond films - Feb 09, 2012
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig To Star In Remake Of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Jul 28, 2010
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- Craig reveals next Bond film's shooting date - Oct 25, 2009
- New 'James Bond' film starring Daniel Craig to release in 2012 - Jan 12, 2011
- Bond Movie Cancelled - Jul 07, 2010
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010