Daniel Craig hates being labelled difficult actorFebruary 8th, 2008 - 4:14 pm ICT by admin
Washington, February 8 (ANI): Daniel Craig says that he does not like being projected by the media as a moody actor because this image almost cost him James Bonds role in Casino Royale.
The British actor says that film bosses at MGM Studios had reservations about hiring him after the press labelled him a difficult actor.
Craig says that the filmmakers were afraid that he would refuse to fulfil promotional duties for Casino Royale.
“When I was making Bond (Casino Royale), the film company were nervous that I wasn’t going to any press, as that’s my reputation for some reason, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
The 39-year-old star, who is reprising Bonds role in Quantum Of Solace, insists that he is a friendly person.
“I don’t think that’s true, it’s just lazy journalism; they want to paint me as someone difficult. I think I’m quite nice, but maybe I’m delusional. There is no point making Bond if you’re not going to sell it,” he said. (ANI)
- Judi Dench lets slip top secret date of next 007 film - Mar 27, 2011
- Doing rom-com would be disaster for me: Craig - Aug 08, 2011
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- Mendes wasn't sure about Craig as Bond - Apr 20, 2012
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- 'Austin Powers' ruined 'James Bond': Craig - Aug 31, 2012
- Dame Judi Dench to return as James Bond's boss - Jan 29, 2011
- Daniel Craig 'gagging to go' for next Bond film - Jul 23, 2011
- Craig made bond's character extraordinary: David Arnold - May 04, 2010
- Daniel Craig Passionate About Third Bond Movie - Aug 16, 2010
- This 'James Bond' keeps personal life under cover - Jul 29, 2011
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Sony to co-finance, distribute 'James Bond' - Apr 14, 2011
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010