Daniel Craig eyes West End roleJanuary 8th, 2009 - 3:27 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan8 (ANI): After playing superspy James Bond, actor Daniel Craig has now set his eyes on theatre.
The 40-year-old actor is eager to star on the London stage, but hopes to avoid classics, which are too “complicated” or have “too many lines.”
“If a play came along right now, I would jump at it. I”m very keen on doing new writing with plays - that’’s where my heart is, Contactmusic quoted Craig as saying.
He insists that he doesn”t want to take on the challenge of Shakespeare or other legendary playwrights.
“Not that I don”t think that doing the classics is a wonderful idea, but Shakespeare’’s got too many lines and the other stuff is really complicated,” he added. (ANI)
- Helen Mirren says Shakespeare should be banned in schools - Mar 04, 2011
- At 86, Badal Sircar frenziedly writes, reads plays - Mar 10, 2011
- Not enough good scripts to go around: Tom Stoppard - Jan 22, 2012
- US scholar keen on Shakespearean theatre in India - Jan 24, 2012
- I want to be 'James Bond': Idris Elba - Oct 01, 2011
- Avatar star unable to bond with James - Oct 10, 2011
- Daniel Craig says he is 'ready and willing' for new Bond film - Aug 16, 2010
- Hathaway wants to do Shakespeare plays - Dec 04, 2010
- Audience stages walk out over Royal Shakespeare Company's production - Sade - Oct 24, 2011
- Afghan theatre group to stage Shakespeare's 'Comedy of Errors' - May 22, 2012
- New Bond writer to turn superspy into Afghan war veteran - Nov 02, 2010
- Anne Hathaway: What Is Her Dream Role? - Dec 04, 2010
- Daniel Craig is the best Bond: Roger Moore - Aug 29, 2012
- Craig wasn't interested in 'James Bond' role - Jul 22, 2011
- Emily Blunt eyes Bond role - Mar 08, 2012