Dane Cook and his latest stand-up, “Isolated Incident”May 18th, 2009 - 8:40 pm ICT by GD
Dane Cook’s “Isolated Incident” had its world television premiere on 17th May, that is this Sunday night. What made this latest stand-up package by Dane Cook the first of its kind to be premiered on the television is that the whole show was televised without any commercial breaks. The original records of the “Isolated Incident” in the CD version will be released on Tuesday, the 19th of May.
The viewers of this first of its kind stand up premiere witnessed a comedy journey that was really unique. The whole performance of Cook has been filmed using only one camera with a single, unedited take. His last two outings were immensely successful and each of them received high ratings. The combined strength of the audience for both of his outings accounted to over 70,000.
Apart from being filmed with a single camera, the “Isolated Incident” gave the viewers a whole new different experience of stand-up comedy. The performances presented by Dane in this edition is characterized by more innovative and newer materials that pushes the show to the highest of levels. To make things different and more interesting the audience of the original show (that was filmed for the premiere) was provided with an extraordinary nightclub experience while being entertained by a real-time performance put by Dane Cook. So Comedy Central the one and only comedy network has been linked with Dane for a long time. In the past the Comedy Central Records have released Dane Cook’s previous stand up CDs like the “Harmful If Swallowed” that was certified platinum, certified double platinum “Retaliation” and “Rough Around the Edges” which was certified gold.
- Reality shows are scripted, says comedian Vir Das (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- New York to New Delhi: Stand-up comedian casts laughing spell (With Image) - Sep 07, 2010
- "Louie" Debuts On FX Channel - Jun 30, 2010
- Reality shows are all scripted: Vir Das - Dec 28, 2010
- Eddie Murphy to receive Comedy Icon honour - Mar 22, 2011
- John Mayer tries out comedy again - Jun 30, 2010
- Awards for Indian comic artists announced - Sep 09, 2011
- Action scenes in 'The Green Hornet' terrified comedian Seth Rogen - Jan 11, 2011
- Eddie Murphy honored with the 'Comedy Icon' award - Mar 22, 2011
- TV or live shows - it's magic everywhere! - Jan 06, 2011
- TV made me realise film actors are spoilt: Sohail Khan - May 23, 2012
- India gets its very own Comedy Store - Jun 23, 2010
- Hollywood's Rob Schneider excited about Indian debut - Nov 22, 2011
- Neil Nitin Mukesh loses his iPhone! (Movie Snippets) - Jun 09, 2012
- Comedy Central now in India - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: audience, comedy central, comedy network, dane cook, double platinum, gold, journey, long time, nightclub experience, original records, real time, retaliation, rough around the edges, single camera, stand up comedy, time performance, world television premiere