Dancing In The Street named Greatest Motown SongJanuary 7th, 2009 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 7 (ANI): Martha & the Vandellas 1964 hit Dancing In The Street has landed the top spot in British magazine Mojo’’s new list of 100 Greatest Motown Songs.
The track, which was famously covered by David Bowie and Mick Jagger, is followed by Marvin Gaye’’s What’’s Going On in the second place, reports Contactmusic.
Reach Out I”ll Be There by the Four Tops came third while Papa Was A Rolling Stone by The Temptations stood fourth.
Rounding off the top five was Superstition by Stevie Wonder.
The top 10 are:
1. Dancing In The Street by Martha & The Vandellas
2. What’’s Going On by Marvin Gaye
3. Reach Out I”ll Be There by Four Tops
4. Papa Was A Rolling Stone by The Temptations
5. Superstition by Stevie Wonder
6. Money (That’’s What I Want) by Barrett Strong
7. The Tracks of My Tears by The Miracles
8. I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
9. What Becomes of The Broken Hearted by Jimmy Ruffin
10. Stop! In The Name of Love by The Supremes (ANI)
- Motown to turn 50 - Jan 10, 2009
- Let's Twist Again': Motown Records 50th Anniversary - Apr 14, 2010
- Motown Records turns 50 - the KISS music legacy - Jan 12, 2009
- Drummer Uriel Jones dies - Mar 25, 2009
- Phil Collins to pay tribute to soul music heroes in new album - Apr 15, 2010
- 'Grease' hit 'You're The One That I Want' named 'biggest-selling duet of all time' - Jan 03, 2011
- J.R. Martinez & partner top the 'Dancing with the stars' leaderboard - Sep 20, 2011
- Ronnie Wood loves Marvin Gaye songs - Feb 03, 2012
- American Idol: Eleven Contestants Sing for Their Dream - Mar 24, 2010
- Drake releases 'Take Care' - Nov 15, 2011
- Olivia's 'Physical' voted sexiest song - Jun 25, 2012
- Vita Chambers And Other Artists Perform To Pay Tribute To Motown Record Company - Nov 27, 2009
- Cole, Barlow to perform together at Buckingham Palace? - Jun 03, 2012
- American Idol: Top 11- Liv Tyler, Gordon Ramsey - Mar 24, 2011
- X Factor: Top 32 Sing for Their Mentors, Part 2 - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: amp, barrett, dancing in the street, david bowie, four tops, grapevine, greatest motown songs, jan 7, jimmy ruffin, martha, marvin gaye, mick jagger, miracles, mojo, papa was a rolling stone, stevie wonder, stop in the name of love, superstition, temptations, tracks of my tears