Damon, Pitt’s joke about Clooney being gay prompts man to stripSeptember 12th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 12 (ANI): ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ actor Matt Damon has revealed that he fears he and Brad Pitt may be responsible for a man stripping and propositioning their co-star George Clooney at a recent press conference, after they joked about him being secretly gay.
Clooney, 48, was promoting his new comedy ‘The Men Who Stare at Goats’ on September 8 at Italy’s Venice Film Festival, when a stripper posing as a journalist professed his love for the Hollywood star.
Video footage of the encounter has popped up all over the Internet ever since, and it has forced Damon, 38, to make a confession.
“I was at the Venice Film Festival last week and Brad Pitt was there doing interviews for ‘Inglorious Basterds’ and I guess people had been asking him, ‘When are you and Angelina Jolie going to get married?’ and he finally just said, ‘Me and Angelina will marry when George Clooney marries his boyfriend!’” Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“The thing is, you do that in America and they just laugh; you do that overseas and I guess something gets lost in translation, so at eight in the morning, I’m doing interviews and this Italian journalist comes to me and says, ‘Matt, is it true what Brad say (sic)?’ I had no idea what he was talking about so I just said, ‘Of course, yeah.’
“And he says, ‘Do you mean George Clooney has a boyfriend?’ I’m trying to keep a straight face so I go, ‘Yeah, of course he’s got a boyfriend,’ and he goes, ‘You mean, he wants to marry him? You know this man?’ And we’ve been doing this for years so I go, ‘Yeah, I know this man, he’s great, that’s why we want them to get married!’” Damon revealed.
But he was left red-faced when he realised that the ongoing prank might have led to the striptease during Clooney’s press chat later.
“George is coming (to Venice) the next day, I go back to New York and the next day I wake up, turn on the news and on CNN the headline says, ‘Man strips for George Clooney’,” he said.
“And there’s a video of this guy who stands up and says, ‘George, I am a gay and you are gay.’ And George is like, ‘What’s going on?’
“Then this guy starts taking his clothes off, and goes, ‘If you must choose, choose me!’” he added. (ANI)
- Pitt, Damon were rough on me: Clooney - Sep 24, 2011
- Clooney praises Pitt - Feb 17, 2012
- Pitt, Jolie like prisoners of fame: Damon - Jul 20, 2011
- Brangelina to wed at French retreat? - Apr 16, 2012
- Clooney vows to take revenge against Damon for gay joke - Sep 14, 2009
- Clooney can't relate to 'The Descendents' role - Jan 22, 2012
- Clooney, Pitt wine and dine together - Jun 28, 2012
- Brad Pitt may marry Angelina Jolie soon - Jan 26, 2012
- Brad Pitt Jokes As He Says He Won't Tie The Knot Unless George Clooney Gains Right To Wed "Partner" - Aug 13, 2009
- Soderbergh to retire soon: Damon - Dec 24, 2010
- Damon, Douglas excited to lock lips - Mar 24, 2011
- Jolie praises Pitt as a 'real man' - Jun 01, 2011
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Clooney bans Brangelina's family - Feb 04, 2011
- Aniston, Clooney in same flight - Jun 29, 2012
Tags: actor matt damon, angelina jolie, basterds, brad pitt, cnn, co star, confession, encounter, george clooney, hollywood star, italian journalist, joke, lost in translation, matt damon, men who stare at goats, straight face, stripper, striptease, venice film festival, video footage